Skip to main content
Topic: Jeckell Island Rally (Read 563 times) previous topic - next topic

Jeckell Island Rally

Yahoo Message Number: 44332
If We had made the payment for this rally, we would be calling our credit card company and telling them that we are disputing the charge since the rally has been canceled. Why should we wait until March to get a refund. This whole thing stinks.
John and Merilee Flynn
05 Allure 31143

Re: Jeckell Island Rally

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 44381
Quote from: tjf2000us
If We had made the payment for this rally, we would be calling our > credit card company and telling them that we are disputing the charge > since the rally has been canceled. Why should we wait until March to > get a refund. This whole thing stinks.
John and Merilee Flynn
05 Allure 31143
Wow this statement is hitting me very very hard We and several of our friends have paid for the March Jeckell Island Rally Rally at the Amana Iowa CC get together. We are on our way from Washington and are in Florida.

WE have paid and as you stated you have not, we are not in the least worried about the 195 dollars but more concerned about the human affect of all 1700 families who are without a job. if YOU would have paid and feel that CC stinks, i would have send you the 195 dollars just to keep you from wining, all the CC employees who worked on our coaches became friends and we are still in contact with them, helping them to get an other job and giving them assistence maybe you went to the rallys only to get your work done for free, we went for the companionship and to have great time with our CC friends

harm speerstra 06 intrique 11927

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 44445
Good for you Harm. We paid last May, at the factory. We met many good people there, and while we hope to see a refund this tear, our real concerns are for those people in Oregon.

Wood Sproat

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 44456
I know that this is a very tough time for all of us CC owners. Some folks are going to lose some money. Some are going to be without a warranty. Many are going to have numerous problems. Some are going to find a need to point a finger at someone no matter who that person is.
It's very likely at this point that CC is not going to make it. I hope I am wrong and they are able to pull victory from the jaws of defeat, but that really should NOT be what this group is all about.
Despite what does or does not happen with CC, there is a large group of CC owners on this site who need to come together and not spend time pointing fingers and trying to find blame.
This is a community and this community needs to come together during this time and not tear themselves apart at the seams. No one here "did this". No one here wanted this to happen. No one here is to blame.
No one here can fix this.

If we can keep this in mind, what we all need to look at is how we can move forward from here, how we can help those that need it and what we are going to do now for the benefit of the group.
What say we all take a deep breath before we make any additional posts and see if we can make some suggestions that might benefit the group as a whole into the future instead of bemoaning the past that we cannot change.

Quote from: Wood Sproat