Skip to main content
Topic: JECKYLL RALLY REFUND- THINK AGAIN (Read 896 times) previous topic - next topic

JECKYLL RALLY REFUND- THINK AGAIN

Yahoo Message Number: 44576
To anyone who has paid for the rally at Jekyll Island and can't or doesn't want to go to the rescheduled rally later in the year, if you think that your money will be refunded you might want to THINK AGAIN.
Please find below a series of emails between myself and TED WRIGHT after I explained that we couldn't attend and asked what is the refund procedure?.

Re: JECKYLL RALLY REFUND- THINK AGAIN

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 44578
Peter,
Sorry to hear of your problems with your rally payment. However, Mr. Wright's comments and attitude do not surprise me at all. For any of you out there that think Mr. Wright has your interests at heart (via CCI). forget it.
In addition, you mention your belief that anyone who wanted to transfer their rally payment to the rally suposedly being planned for June would be able to with no additional cost. First, will there really be another rally? Second, what type of rally will it be and will the cost be the same?
Sorry to be Mr. Negative but I think everyone should start reading between the lines. I certainly want to see CC live on for selfish reasons but if it does rise from the ashes it will not resemble what was there, which is probably a good thing.
George
'04 Inspire 51061
OK flamers, it's all yours......................

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 44579
Sounds as though CCI officers allowed CCI funds to be comingled with CC LLC company funds. Sounds like CCI officicals were not deligent in handling club member funds...if there is any truth that CC LLC didn't actually transfer any payments they received to CCI. Seems to me there is a lot of Bullcrap being passed on to CCI members from the elected representatives. Paid or unpaid positions, if you take on a task as an officer of a club you are supposed to be representing the members of that club not some other commercial affilate...since this is an FMCA chartered club, it seems that FMCA might take some interest in this matter as well. I mean if their by-laws on handling member funds has been violated then FMCA would certainly have an interest in investigating to find out if member funds were mishandled by officers of the club.

If an individual has a receipt showing he paid money to the club then appears to me the club would do the proper thing and return his money and not make arrogant remarks about whether the person could afford to lose $195. Appears that person has someone other than the members interest in mind. Has any other members made a request for refunds? Were they met with the same type response?

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 44581
I don't know how many times or ways to say this. CCI is not responsible for any refunds paid for the Jekyll rally. All rally registration payments were made to Country Coach and NONE were ever transferred to CCI. Right now my efforts are trying to restructure a club which has spent thousands of $$ replacing equipment and files that were lost when Country Coach closed. I don't think $195 will break anybody but writing thousands of words about a potential loss only fans the flames. I personally worry about the 1700 or so employees who now are out of work. Look around....see all the others in the same shape as CC. It's a sign of the times. I will not respond to this subject again. I hope to see some of you good folks at a CCI rally down the road. Ted Wright, CCI President LO41

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 44582
Ted as the news comes out, we are going to be surprised by what the Howard's have done. My humble suggestion is really simple. Make an accounting, and if in fact funds were not transferred then we are screwed, and that is just a fact. I am not certain why you take this so personally, but I would get on the side of disclosure and not become an antagonist. That is just my dime's worth, and all I have to say on this subject. We in the CCI group are going to have to pull together, and you Ted are on the lead horse, the rest of us are following.

Sincerely,

Jim Spivey

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 44586
That is if the Howards didn't spend it on their own personal needs since then.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 44592
Ok, Mr. Spivey....me thinks that you were correct and my tolerance and trust of Mr. Wright was misplaced....I beg your forgiveness.
I sure thought that I was paying CCI for the rally, not CC. Guess that will teach me to be so naive, huh?.....ok, I'm toast, done, fried, finished......

Ray and Rue
05 Allure

Quote from: tedwright34
I don't know how many times or ways to say this. CCI is not > responsible for any refunds paid for the Jekyll rally. All rally > registration payments were made to Country Coach and NONE were ever > transferred to CCI. Right now my efforts are trying to restructure

a

club which has spent thousands of $$ replacing equipment and files > that were lost when Country Coach closed. I don't think $195 will > break anybody but writing thousands of words about a potential loss > only fans the flames. I personally worry about the 1700 or so > employees who now are out of work. Look around....see all the

others

in the same shape as CC. It's a sign of the times. I will not > respond to this subject again. I hope to see some of you good folks > at a CCI rally down the road. Ted Wright, CCI President > LO41

Quote from: geklima@

>
>
>

> Peter,
>
>
>

> Sorry to hear of your problems with your rally payment. However, > Mr. Wright's comments and attitude do not surprise me at all. For > any of you out there that think Mr. Wright has your interests at > heart (via CCI ). forget it.
>
>
>

> In addition, you mention your belief that anyone who wanted to > transfer their rally payment to the rally suposedly being planned

for

June would be able to with no additional cost. First, will there > really be another rally? Second, what type of rally will it be and > will the cost be the same?
>
>
>

> Sorry to be Mr. Negative but I think everyone should start reading > between the lines. I certainly want to see CC live on for selfish > reasons but if it does rise from the ashes it will not resemble what > was there, which is probably a good thing.
>
>
>

> George
>

> '04 Inspire 51061
>
>
>

> OK flamers, it's all yours......................
>
>

>

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 44593
Ray there is no right or wrong is a mess like this, and you do not own me a thing but a cool beer when we meet. There is more to come I am afraid, the shoe has not completely dropped. Thanks for the thought.

Sincerely,

Jim Spivey

Re: JECKYLL RALLY REFUND

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 44596
This is the price club members are paying for allowing the company to take over the club a few years ago. We all thought the $195.00 rally fee was such a great deal, but that action gave CC management access to club funds. The club became an extension of the company and club officers lost their objectivity and had to answer to CC management.

Gene

Re: JECKYLL RALLY REFUND

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 44598
Which raises the question - Who ownes the club? Its name? This Yahoo Group? Are they all assets that are listed in the bankruptcy and subject to confiscation/sale?

Quote from: Gene Clendenin\[br\
] >

This is the price club members are paying for allowing the company
to take over the club a few years ago. We all thought the $195.00 rally fee was such a great deal, but that action gave CC management access to club funds. The club became an extension of the company and club officers lost their objectivity and had to answer to CC management.

Gene

--- On Wed, 2/4/09, Kevin waite wrote: >

> From: Kevin waite

> Subject: RE: [Country-Coach-Owners] Re: JECKYLL RALLY REFUND-

THINK AGAIN

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 44599
I guess this means that if anyone wants to go to the June rally in VA, they will have to pay $195 again???

Larry

Quote from: tedwright34
I don't know how many times or ways to say this. CCI is not > responsible for any refunds paid for the Jekyll rally. All rally > registration payments were made to Country Coach and NONE were ever > transferred to CCI. Right now my efforts are trying to restructure

a

club which has spent thousands of $$ replacing equipment and files > that were lost when Country Coach closed. I don't think $195 will > break anybody but writing thousands of words about a potential loss > only fans the flames. I personally worry about the 1700 or so > employees who now are out of work. Look around....see all the

others

in the same shape as CC. It's a sign of the times. I will not > respond to this subject again. I hope to see some of you good folks > at a CCI rally down the road. Ted Wright, CCI President > LO41

Quote from: geklima@

>
>
>

> Peter,
>
>
>

> Sorry to hear of your problems with your rally payment. However, > Mr. Wright's comments and attitude do not surprise me at all. For > any of you out there that think Mr. Wright has your interests at > heart (via CCI ). forget it.
>
>
>

> In addition, you mention your belief that anyone who wanted to > transfer their rally payment to the rally suposedly being planned

for

June would be able to with no additional cost. First, will there > really be another rally? Second, what type of rally will it be and > will the cost be the same?
>
>
>

> Sorry to be Mr. Negative but I think everyone should start reading > between the lines. I certainly want to see CC live on for selfish > reasons but if it does rise from the ashes it will not resemble what > was there, which is probably a good thing.
>
>
>

> George
>

> '04 Inspire 51061
>
>
>

> OK flamers, it's all yours......................
>
>

>

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 44601
Larry,
Confusing isn't it?
Last week Mr. Wright said we could transfer the money or get a refund.
George

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 44612
Ted, thanks for all you are doing for CCI during these trying times. I, and I'm sure many other silent majority members take there hats off to you.

Richard Hanks
98 Magna 5531

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 45394
Pete, I too paid the fee at the factory. I believe we were there at the same time. Please look carefully at the registration form.
IT CLEARLY STATES TO MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO: The Country Coach Marketing Department. I paid cash and never expect to see the funds again. I wish I had used my credit card.

EVERYONE - Let's get on with our lives. CCI is NOT responsible for our lost funds.

Wood Sproat
09 Magna 7000

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 45403
After reading someone's post I called Citi Bank on getting a refund. Learned that the time limit for refund is normal 120 days.
That time limit expired even before our leader of CCI was to have down payment in .....hmmmmm ...late Nov. 08. I wonder how that conversation went back then between "you know who" and our "Mr. I've got a secret." AL

00 affinity #5851

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 45405
What in the world are you trying to say? Is this some veiled attack on someone or is this some great conspiracy theory?

R. D. Vanderslice
06 Allure 31294