Skip to main content
Topic: Rally monies (Read 564 times) previous topic - next topic

Rally monies

Yahoo Message Number: 44614
I see that some here would like to defer the real issue and say that CCI members should not be concerned about their money but rather should be concerned about the 1700 CC employees who have lost their jobs.
OK, let's have a moment of silence for those employees...............................................................
OK, now CCI "should not" have anything at all to do with CC and the monies for a CCI rally should be in CCI accounts and those folks liable for CCI monies should be liable for those funds.
Is CCI not a separate entity from CC? If not, why not? If they are, where is the money?

Comments such as "I don't think $195 is going to hurt anyone" need to stop immediately! as that is not the point and the person(s) making these kinds of post know this very well.
The real issue that needs to be addressed is who got the money. It appears that CCI "should" have gotten the money. If they did not, why not? Did CCI turn over all of their rights, monies and obligations to CC? If so, why and were all members informed that CCI had dissolved itself of any future obligations to its members? It appears that CCI elected a President. President of what? Are there, were there, never any funds in any CCI account? I guess my "kum ba yah" comments were totally out of place and it appears that somebody "should have" been responsible for the funds collected for this rally.

I assure you that suing CC is a worthless venture, but I sure would be looking at who I wrote a check to and who cashed that check (it's got to be the same entity or it's fraud). If I used a credit card, I would be in contact with the CC company immediately and they WILL credit the funds back in a matter of days.

It appears that there are some folks here who are going to try to bully those poor folks who lost "only $195" into thinking that this is an expense that should be written off to bad luck for some other silly nonsense. No, it's very likely that $195 is not going to kill anyone's finances but that's no excuse for the loss if CCI is collecting money for a CCI rally.

Re: Rally monies

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 44624
I don't know exactly who is in charge of each rally, but doesn't everyone remember when the rallies were in the $300+ range? I know CC (the company) got involved with the "reunion" type rallies and the fees were much less. I'm guessing that this reunion was organized by the CC (the company) not CCI (the club). I love to the rallies and hope that CCI (the club) can have rallies in the future. That will be the best way for each of us to be informed about our coaches and get ideas.

I feel terrible for all involved, the company, the people who have lost money, the people who are worried about their warranties.

I appreciate Ted trying to keep us informed about the CCI club. I hope we can keep it going and I hope it can be a resource for all of us.

Linda

Intrigue 10678

Rally Refund Discussion

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 44642
With the latest information pertaining to the Wells Fargo suit and CC agreeing to having an independent auditor, etc. get involved, I would suggest that a lot valuable internet capacity is being wasted discussing this and the Owens Corning issue. If monies were deposited in the CC coffers you can be assured that those of us that paid for a rally, etc. would be very far down on any list of potential recipients. As with any financial collapse there are many victims and that includes CC owners as well as the CC employees. We have seen the end product of bad corporate management in every sector of business and there are probably more to come. Greed and dishonesty in the corporate world seem to be the rule of the day. In my opinion there is no need to continue beating a dead horse, life is too short and uncertain to get wrapped around the axle over things that in the overall scheme of things are not that significant.

Gene 10920

Re: Rally Refund Discussion

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 44644
Now we know the feeling of past owners of such quality name brands as Duisenberg and Cord. I wonder if our coaches will demand such inflated prices 50 years from now! I have seen some rebuilt Airstream travel trailers commanding quite high rates of return. Foretravel came back from the dust of a few years ago. There is always hope!
TWI 2004 Intrigue 11731

Re: Rally monies

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 44657
I called Discover (credit card company) today and described the "cancelled rally" situation. They told me they would credit my account within 72 hours and follow up with Country Coach - I mentioned no one is answering the phones at this time.

It didn't seem to matter that I paid for the back in May 2008 using PayPal as the intermediary.

No guarantee I'll be able to keep the $195, but my guess is the credit card company has more clout recovering the money than I do as an individual.
--

Tom Harsch 2002 Allure #30791
--
Tom Harsch -- 2002 36' Allure #30791