Skip to main content
Topic: Reverse Osmosis System water system (Read 556 times) previous topic - next topic

Reverse Osmosis System water system

Yahoo Message Number: 45129
Files & photos areas now have pictures & report of water system additions in my coach. Some of the pictures need rotating. I still have to send up a drawing & rotate those photos. Comments & questions welcome.

5 Inspire Genoa 51321

Eric Lee Elliott

Re: Reverse Osmosis System water system

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 45142
Eric,

Nice setup and photos. It's almost unbelievable how much the Merlin system can produce (720 gallons per day). I have a portable system I made that tops out at 100 GPD.

I use one sediment and two carbons as the pre-filters. Next comes the RO membrame and then a small post filter. I do need an electric pump to provide about 80 PSI feed pressure. I do not use any type of softeners. I usually get water quality down to 5-10 PPM.

I may look into this Merlin system. Almost sounds too good to be true. Finally, if anyone ever saw the water that is rejected at some of these parks/campgrounds, they might get sick just seeing it! Ft.
Wilderness at Disney World might be one of the worst.

Rob

2002 Intrigue #11480

Files & photos areas now have pictures & report of water system > additions in my coach. Some of the pictures need rotating. I still > have to send up a drawing & rotate those photos. Comments &

questions

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 45148
Is it true that the "rejection" rate is 4:1? And where does the rejected water go? Thanks

Larry 03 Allure 30856

Quote from: intrigue11480
>

Eric,

Nice setup and photos. It's almost unbelievable how much the

Merlin

system can produce (720 gallons per day). I have a portable system

I

made that tops out at 100 GPD.

I use one sediment and two carbons as the pre-filters. Next comes > the RO membrame and then a small post filter. I do need an

electric

pump to provide about 80 PSI feed pressure. I do not use any type

of

softeners. I usually get water quality down to 5-10 PPM.

I may look into this Merlin system. Almost sounds too good to be > true. Finally, if anyone ever saw the water that is rejected at

some

of these parks/campgrounds, they might get sick just seeing it!

Ft.

Wilderness at Disney World might be one of the worst.

Rob

2002 Intrigue #11480

> Files & photos areas now have pictures & report of water system > > additions in my coach. Some of the pictures need rotating. I

still

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 45150
It goes to the physiologist for counseling as it was rejected and that destroyed its self esteem..
No actually it is waste water, most folks run a hose directly to the campground sewer hookup.

Mikee

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 45159
Terrible waste of water!!!!! I bet campground owners would love to catch you doing that. I know I would. Don't you realize this waste?

Max

Affinity #5487