Skip to main content
Topic: Dual Pane/Se-Gi Window Repairs (Read 706 times) previous topic - next topic

Dual Pane/Se-Gi Window Repairs

Yahoo Message Number: 45229
I picked up our Inspire today after having 4 windows repaired at Suncoast Designs in Hudson, FL including the big pass through driver's side unit. As a couple others have found they perform as advertised, the repairs look great. Warranty is one year, prorated repair cost out to 5 years if this repair fails. Way better than Se-Gi and I know they will be there.
They also provide free 50A and water hookups plus a dump station. As when I dropped my coach off there were 5 other RV's being repaired today.
FWIW with all the Se-Gi bashing, including from me, note that Suncoast has customers from at least three manufacturers commonly supplying the RV industry, I observed a non Se-Gi window being pulled, and Jeff said they all use the same design. The problem is the pulling of a vacuum which places full atmospheric pressure on the seals causing rapid failure. They use dry air at atmospheric pressure = little stress with altitude and weather changes. Dual pane windows in homes fail all the time as well - been there. It seems Se-Gi is much worse but they all have failures.
I am in no way defending Se-Gi. Their attitude stinks and failure to come up with a better design is inexcusable for any company planning to stay around. But this problem is not exclusive to them and now we know of repair facilities that can fix the problem. Assuming failure of these or other windows my preference is to keep the dual panes for temperature and sound control. At the current $200 per window it ain't cheap but it isn't exorbitant either compared to a new replacement from Se-Gi et al. My repaired windows look as good as new and with no complaints from others with earlier repairs by Suncoast I am hopefull we will have many happy and clear miles ahead.
Suncoast is great to work with. I wish my experiences with the rest of the RV repair industry were half as good.

Bob Handren

'05 Country Coach Inspire 51178

Re: Dual Pane/Se-Gi Window Repairs

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 45235
Haven't tried them yet, but I note that Penninsula Glass provides lifetime warrantee if you use their windows (not repair of SeGi's which they also do). That sounds good.

Rich

2002 Magna 6148

Quote from: Robert Handren\[br\
] >

I picked up our Inspire today after having 4 windows repaired at
Suncoast Designs in Hudson, FL including the big pass through driver's side unit. As a couple others have found they perform as advertised, the repairs look great. Warranty is one year, prorated repair cost out to 5 years if this repair fails. Way better than Se- Gi and I know they will be there.

>

They also provide free 50A and water hookups plus a dump station.
As when I dropped my coach off there were 5 other RV's being repaired today.

>

FWIW with all the Se-Gi bashing, including from me, note
that Suncoast has customers from at least three manufacturers commonly supplying the RV industry, I observed a non Se-Gi window being pulled, and Jeff said they all use the same design. The problem is the pulling of a vacuum which places full atmospheric pressure on the seals causing rapid failure. They use dry air at atmospheric pressure = little stress with altitude and weather changes. Dual pane windows in homes fail all the time as well - been there. It seems Se-Gi is much worse but they all have failures.

>

I am in no way defending Se-Gi. Their attitude stinks and failure
to come up with a better design is inexcusable for any company planning to stay around. But this problem is not exclusive to them and now we know of repair facilities that can fix the problem.
Assuming failure of these or other windows my preference is to keep the dual panes for temperature and sound control. At the current $200 per window it ain't cheap but it isn't exorbitant either compared to a new replacement from Se-Gi et al. My repaired windows look as good as new and with no complaints from others with earlier repairs by Suncoast I am hopefull we will have many happy and clear miles ahead.

>

Suncoast is great to work with. I wish my experiences with the rest
of the RV repair industry were half as good.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 45240
I contacted Motion Windows ((P-Glass) about their warranty. This was their response:

Q: What is your Warranty on your complete window and installation?

A: The warranty is written on the contract as 2-Years although I can't recall a time that we failed to exceed that time frame to repair obvious manufacturing defects.

I've had 2 windows repaired by them, had some probs with one, outside their 1 year warranty period. There were some other issues, friend has had no probs after 4 years.

For your info

Joe

98 Intrigue 10578

Quote from: intrepid008
Haven't tried them yet, but I note that Penninsula Glass provides
lifetime warrantee if you use their windows (not repair of SeGi's
which they also do). That sounds good.

Rich

2002 Magna 6148

[quote author=Robert Handren

>

> I picked up our Inspire today after having 4 windows repaired at > Suncoast Designs in Hudson, FL including the big pass through > driver's side unit. As a couple others have found they perform as > advertised, the repairs look great. Warranty is one year, prorated > repair cost out to 5 years if this repair fails. Way better than

Se-

Gi and I know they will be there.
>

> They also provide free 50A and water hookups plus a dump

station.

As when I dropped my coach off there were 5 other RV's being

repaired

today.
>

> FWIW with all the Se-Gi bashing, including from me, note > that Suncoast has customers from at least three manufacturers > commonly supplying the RV industry, I observed a non Se-Gi window > being pulled, and Jeff said they all use the same design. The

problem

is the pulling of a vacuum which places full atmospheric pressure

on

the seals causing rapid failure. They use dry air at atmospheric > pressure = little stress with altitude and weather changes. Dual > pane windows in homes fail all the time as well - been there. It > seems Se-Gi is much worse but they all have failures.
>

> I am in no way defending Se-Gi. Their attitude stinks and

failure

to come up with a better design is inexcusable for any company > planning to stay around. But this problem is not exclusive to them > and now we know of repair facilities that can fix the problem.
Assuming failure of these or other windows my preference is to

keep

the dual panes for temperature and sound control. At the current

$200

per window it ain't cheap but it isn't exorbitant either compared

to

a new replacement from Se-Gi et al. My repaired windows look as

good

as new and with no complaints from others with earlier repairs by > Suncoast I am hopefull we will have many happy and clear miles

ahead.

> Suncoast is great to work with. I wish my experiences with the

rest

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 45269
Hmm. This is not what they told me just a few months ago.

Rich

2002 Magna 6148

Quote from: Joe
I contacted Motion Windows ((P-Glass) about their warranty. This > was their response:

Q: What is your Warranty on your complete window and installation? >

A: The warranty is written on the contract as 2-Years although I > can't recall a time that we failed to exceed that time frame to > repair obvious manufacturing defects.

I've had 2 windows repaired by them, had some probs with one, > outside their 1 year warranty period. There were some other

issues,

friend has had no probs after 4 years.

For your info

Joe

98 Intrigue 10578

[quote author=intrepid008"

>

> Haven't tried them yet, but I note that Penninsula Glass provides > > lifetime warrantee if you use their windows (not repair of SeGi's > > which they also do). That sounds good.
>

> Rich

> 2002 Magna 6148
>
>

[quote author=Robert Handren
>]
> >

> > I picked up our Inspire today after having 4 windows repaired

at

Suncoast Designs in Hudson, FL including the big pass through > > driver's side unit. As a couple others have found they perform as > > advertised, the repairs look great. Warranty is one year,

prorated

repair cost out to 5 years if this repair fails. Way better than > Se-

> Gi and I know they will be there.
> >

> > They also provide free 50A and water hookups plus a dump > station.

> As when I dropped my coach off there were 5 other RV's being > repaired
> today.
> >

> > FWIW with all the Se-Gi bashing, including from me, note > > that Suncoast has customers from at least three manufacturers > > commonly supplying the RV industry, I observed a non Se-Gi window > > being pulled, and Jeff said they all use the same design. The > problem

> is the pulling of a vacuum which places full atmospheric pressure > on

> the seals causing rapid failure. They use dry air at atmospheric > > pressure = little stress with altitude and weather changes. Dual > > pane windows in homes fail all the time as well - been there. It > > seems Se-Gi is much worse but they all have failures.
> >

> > I am in no way defending Se-Gi. Their attitude stinks and > failure

> to come up with a better design is inexcusable for any company > > planning to stay around. But this problem is not exclusive to

them

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 45298
Bob, funny I didn't run into you at Suncoast on Monday. My wife and I arrived there around 3PM. You must have already left. I had them repair my driver's side window also. It took most of the day (Tuesday) but they were very busy and kept apologizing for taking so long. Like you say, all their people are very nice and appreciate our business. They did a great job on my window as well. I will recommend them highly much unlike Se-Gi.

Bob Vannoy Inspire 2004 # 51015

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 45345
Fellow Country-Coach-Owners at yahoogroups.com members,
Are you getting inundated with the email below. I am getting about 10/min. Help!

Harry

06 Inspire 51933

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 45406
Harry,

I don't know what has happen to this message but I assure you I only sent it one time. I have the all on my computer as well. I sent it last night but it wouldn't go out. I just shut my computer down and got back on this afternoon after playing golf this morning. I can't understand it.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Bob Inspire 2004 51015

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 45407
I got flamed the other day because I complained about getting about 100 of Spiveys posts.

Max Affinity #5487 last of the good ones

Re: [SPAM][SPAM]RE: [Country-Coach-Owners] Dual Pane/Se-Gi Window Re

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 45408
Thanx, Bob. Clearly something went awry, but someone on the Board advised me how to go to the yahoo group site and reset my options to view the messages there.

I appreciate you taking the time to explain. Safe travels.

Harry

06 Inspire 51933