Skip to main content
Topic: Toad Wanted (Read 546 times) previous topic - next topic

Toad Wanted

Yahoo Message Number: 45287
Friends in New Zealand store a motor coach in Palmdale, CA and tour the US six months of the year. They will be arriving stateside this April and need a toad.

They are looking for a used, inexpensive, compact vehicle that will tow 4 down. Their first stop after retrieving the coach from Palmdale will be Colton Truck, for service.

If you have and/or know of such a unit in this general area please contact me with the information. I'll pass it on to them.

Thanks,

Jim Scott

jsa@...
07 Allure #31570

Re: Toad Wanted

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 45288
Quote from: forhisvery

> Friends in New Zealand store a motor coach in Palmdale, CA and tour > the US six months of the year. They will be arriving stateside

this

April and need a toad.
> They are looking for a used, inexpensive, compact vehicle that will > tow 4 down. Their first stop after retrieving the coach from

Palmdale

will be Colton Truck, for service.

If you have and/or know of such a unit in this general area please > contact me with the information. I'll pass it on to them.

Thanks,

Jim Scott

Jim,

Could you define inexpensive as I have a 2007 Jeep liberity for $16K.

Terry (2007 Allure #31461)

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 45289
Thanks Terry,

I think that will be a little over budget. The NZ dollar is down to about $0.50 US. My guess is they will go for somthing in the 5 to 7k range.

Thanks

Jim (2007 Allure 31570)

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 45699
We have a 2002 PT Cruiser Limited, 70,000 miles, 5 speed manual transmission, all options, clean, well-maintained, one-owner, no smoke, no pets, with pre-wired 6-wire lighting with RoadMaster Sterling Tow bar and Rock Shield that we have used as our toad for the past 6+ years. Approx. 30K miles towed four-wheel down. Also included is Brake Buddy auxiliary braking system that has the radio alert light in the coach, break-away cord, and alert. Also, storage for the RoadMaster Rcok shield is included and is mounted on the stinger of the two bar. Our toad is located here in Reno in our home garage, and our coach is garaged in Carson City. All for $9,000. Let us know if you friends are interested.

Michael Farnsworth
20042 Bordeaux Drive
Reno, NV 89511
775-849-3032

michaelfarnsworth@...