Skip to main content
Topic: Pass. side seat belt retract (Read 569 times) previous topic - next topic

Pass. side seat belt retract

Yahoo Message Number: 46736
Pass side belt won't retract - can anyone who has had this problem offer a fix for me? It's pulled out as far as it will go as my wife kept trying to pull then release to get it to retract but no luck. Now it won't go in or out and I'm stumped! Any help would be appreciated. I begining to think I'm going to have to pull the seat apart.

Mark P

03 Allure #30916

Re: Pass. side seat belt retract

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 46738
Mark:

You may have already checked this, but when we had an '04 Intrigue, the belts would hang up in the split of the plastic bushing in the seat face. Check there, if you haven't........otherwise, I think you will have to dig deeper into the chair.

Roger Uhlich

'07 Intrigue 12170

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 46789
Thanks Roger, I'll give that a look to see if the problem lies there, but I don't think so. Looks like I might have to tear the seat apart.

Mark Peterson

03 Allure #30916

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 46822
As a follow up to anyone interested - gave the seat a healthy forceful tug (out of anger), belt released and retracted!

All is again well with the world.

Mark Peterson

03 Allure #30916

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 46833
Good luck with a seat belt problem...my driver's side belt would not extend far enough to connect around me (and I'm not overly large). I ended up ordering a 10" seat belt extension before taking the coach to Buddy Gregg to see what could be done with the original belt. They replaced the seat belt with a new one and had a devil of a time getting it adjusted right. That was 2 years ago and the "new" belt still won't extend completely at times and I'm still using the belt extension. At least I can, now, get belted in.
On the maiden voyage, from Oregon to Texas, I drove several days with the belt behind me. I had a similar problem on another SOB coach I had several years ago...there must be a seat belt troll built into all coaches that makes replacing a belt a tough fix?

David

'02 Allure #30682 - up for sale at PPL in Houston