Skip to main content
Topic: General Country Coach question ... (Read 2326 times) previous topic - next topic

General Country Coach question ...

Yahoo Message Number: 3081
Catchy subject huh ... that should bring on the responses ...

We are new to the world of motor homes, having purchased a used Winnebago Journey in July. We are already wanting to move up and are looking at a Dutch Star 4006, and a CC Intrigue. Quite a range I know, but both units have their positive points.

My wife and both like the DSDP, especially the triple slide, but I made the mistake of driving the CC. I appreciate most of what you get for $100,000 more, but my wife is having a harder time.
I have some concerns about the financial 'pickle' National is in and hope to find some reassuring words of wisdom here. I need a little nudge. I just read that the single axle won't be available anymore and the Intrigue we are looking at is a single axle. We are not full timers, so the lack of cargo capacity should not be a problem. I also do not feel the triple slide is real important, but our grandkids will travel with us fairly often and the extra space is nice.

Can some one give me some 'feel good' words concerning National and their future as I am leaning real hard toward the CC. Like I said, once to poke around this MH, it's pretty hard to settle for a Newmar.

Thanks in advance for any advice ...

John and Terry Keene
www.keenelandfarms.com

Re: General Country Coach question ...

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 3084
John,

We have had 2 Country Coaches and I don't see where National's problems have much influence on CCI. There has been a management shakeup at CCI and the National guy who ran CCI has gone back to National. Bobby Lee (the company founder) is now running things again. At the last rally we went to there was talk of Monoco buying CCI but that talk was denied by CCI people. I have found more people satisfied with CC then with other coach manuf. and I find lots of repeat buyers.

I also find that CCI is more conservative then other coach manufacturers. I think the weight problem is industry wide but CCI has elected to address the issue by adding a tag axle on all most anything. From what I can see CCI is using the biggest tires in the industry to address weight, and if you look at most other coaches you will find lower rated tires and the weight issue is still there You need to weigh the coach to know for sure. I would go with the CC but that's just my opinion.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 3088
John, I echo the sentiments of Gabler. You will read alot of gripes on this net group, but I assure you most of us are repeat buyers ( I'm on my third ) and find competitive coaches to fall short.

Walt Rothermel
2003Allure30811

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 3093
We originally we lookin gto buy a Beaver patriot, but after a tour of the beaver Factory, I lost some of my quality construction of the Beaver. The Country Coach frame is slike a tank compared to Beaver's screww togather Syto-Foam Sandwiched prsee board panels... Good Choice. We count not afford a New CC, but got one heck of a deal on a 2001 Intrigue 36 ft. from teh Beaver Dealer in bend, Oregon. We are loking forward to next Spetember Rally in Eugene to compare with others.. I am disapointed the Susan Evans did not direct me to this uesrs group in was in the process of generating, my own CC users group when I stumbeld onto this group by accident..
Cheers,
lee

from Portland

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 3095
I just read this group is only for present owners ... sorry for intruding. Thanks for the good advice anyway, got several emails also. If we do go with the CC, sounds like lots on nice fellow CC owners to meet in the future.

John and Terry

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 3102
Stay with the group. We did and one year later made a great purchase of a 7 year old Magna which fits our needs and budget perfectly. A wealth of great info from the members here.

Dean

95Magna 5280

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 3103
John,

Also a good reference source when researching RVs for availability, options and price is RVtrader.com. I used that site extensively in my research. Also NAPAGUIDES.com is a good place to see if you are getting a good price for what your are dealing for.
Good Luck in your search.

I know what you mean, after begin exposed to CC, if would be hard to settle for any other units.. My feeling is that a Used CC is better than some other New Ones..
Lee in Redmond