Skip to main content
Topic: New TV (Read 709 times) previous topic - next topic

New TV

Yahoo Message Number: 47079
I need some help with a new TV installation. We have installed a LG22LH20 into the existing front tv spot. It fitted like a glove and only needs a small filler up the top to hide some of the hole.
Now the problems is as follows. The old TV had a power cable. An antenna cable and a red and a white audio out cables.
The new TV has NO audio out jacks. Plenty of IN jacks but NO out jacks.
Everything works fine except for the home theater sound. I'm not so concerned about TV sound but I want the home theater sound from the DVD player. Can I intercept the sound at the ant in for the home theater for DVDs only?
Has anyone had this problem and how did you solve it. (The TV has a program to turn off the sound but no outputs or any rear switches).

Bruce

2001 Intrigue #11278

Re: New TV

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 47080
Where did you get that tv? I can't even google that part number or anything close to it to find the specs?

Steve

04 Inspire #51075

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 47087
Take the audio cables that were plugged into the TV and plug them into the left and right stereo/summed audio outputs of the DVD player. All the information will be there, but sent to speakers. If your Intrigue was built like a friend of mines the rear two speakers are just playing the same front sound with the L and r channels reversed. The system is not a home theater system.. If You want Dolby and DTS in the digital formats you are going to have to install new electronics and three speakers for the front and use the back two speakers for the rear. The woofer is not a true sub and should be replaced also. Keep the original front speakers for the radio in the front dash. After installing the new surround sound processor pre-amp/power amp you can use the optical output from the TV to deliver digital sound to the new control center.
TWI 2004 Intrigue 11731 with M&K Speakers and NAD combo DVD surround receiver.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 47090
I googled LG electronics, usa, selected TV, and scrolled down to the model number given. Then selected support to get the input output information..
The speaker outputs are so weak he could use those to drive the sound system, but would recommend a small isolation transformer for each channel to prevent any damage to the TV speaker outputs. Parts Express should carry the isolation transformers.
TWI 2004 Intrigue 11731

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 47093
Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. I failed to mention one complication. The previous owner installed two sat receivers. To use the DVD I have to turn on the VCR. The DVD works via the VCR. So I guess if I take the red n white cables direct from the VCR outputs it may work. Now all I have to do is work out how to get to the back of the VCR.
It amazes me that those who build these things never think of those who have to work on them.

Bruce

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 47116
Just thought I would let you all know what the latest is. I hooked the red n white directly to the back of the DVD. Now I have sound as per how it should be. BUT I can't control the volume. DVD player has no volume controls! Now what? How do I control the sound going to the sound system? Sound is flat out.

Bruce

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 47125

Bruce:

I had the same problem with my 2002 Allure when I plugged the output cables from the Riverpark amp into the Samsung 22" digital that also exactly fit in the existing cabinet. As far as I know there are no volume controls on the amp that drives the wall speakers. In both the old Panasonic CRT TV and the in dash radio, the volume controls on the tv and the radio control the output jacks as well as the built in speakers. I know of no way to solve the problem except replacing the power amp with one that has independent volume controls. If anyone else has an easier solution I too would be interested in it.

Bob

2002 Allure 30760

From: b.treloar To: Country-Coach-Owners@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 8:03:40 PM Subject: [Country-Coach-Owners] Re: New TV

Just thought I would let you all know what the latest is. I hooked the red n white directly to the back of the DVD. Now I have sound as per how it should be. BUT I can't control the volume. DVD player has no volume controls! Now what? How do I control the sound going to the sound system? Sound is flat out.

Bruce

[/font][/size]
[/font][/size]
[/font][/size]

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 47127
If you all will use the speaker output to drive your power amps you will have volume, tone adjustment. You will have to modify the cables probably or buy adapters, but it's really no big deal. TWI n2004 intrigue 11731.

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 47161
I'm not sure what setup everyone has but I've come to the conclusion that without the outputs on the tv there is no way for it to work on my setup. So to watch a DVD I simply have to use the TV speakers.
So I think we will break open the piggy bank and install a complete new sound system and cabinets. All one make that is compatible. It will be cheaper than buying a new system wrapped in a new motorhome. We had been thinking of upgrading to a newer CC but spending $10,000 - $20,000 on this motorhome makes more money sense at the moment. Besides I'm just getting to know this unit.

Bruce

2001 Intrigue #11278