Skip to main content
Topic: Dallas area RV parks (Read 1010 times) previous topic - next topic

Dallas area RV parks

Yahoo Message Number: 47291
Traveling to the Dallas TX. area and will be seeking some work done at Buddy Greggs. I'm looking for suggestion where to stay for probably 2 and maybe 3 weeks. I will need to have Buddy Gregg's special order an awning so my stay will depend on how long that takes.

Open to suggestion,

Jock Vargo

2005 Inspire 330

Currently in Vicksburg, MS

Re: Dallas area RV parks

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 47292
Jock

BG Dallas has full HU. Why not stay there if they are ordering parts for you.
Peter Leodler Allure 05 470 31279

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 47294
Destiny RV Resort is just North of B.G. on I35E, on the Swisher Rd. exit if heading Northbound. Have stayed there many times while looking at real estate in the area. On up the road North of Denton and Sanger is Texas Sundown RV Resort, not as nice, but works if Destiny is full. They do have a smallish golf course. Also in Sanger on West 455 is Wagonmaster RV Park. I have been there weeks at a time, not fancy, but quiet, as it is a mile west of I35. Destiny is much closer to B.G. in Lewisville, and by far the nicest.

Hope this helps.
Dave

2000 Allure 36'

Jock Vargo wrote:

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 47303
Jock, I am with Peter--stay at BG. 50 amp and water with dump station by the customer lounge. Only problem is the train at the back of the campground. If you can, get a spot that will be to your right as you drive into the campground--less train noise.

Egon

'99 Allure #30321

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 47304
Jock, also if you have quite a bit of time between ordering of parts and arrival of same, you could go and stay at Trader's Village in Arlington. This will put you about half way between Dallas and Ft. Worth.
It is just north of I-20 @hwy 360. From there you could go up 360 to I_30 and go either to Ft. Worth or Dallas. I recommend going to the Stockyards in Ft. Worth--very interesting. Give me a call if you have any questions 254-744-8202

Egon

'99 Allure #30321

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 47307
The city of Lewisville has an RV park about a mile or so from BG. Seniors stay for half price ( about $ 9.00).

Dallas area RV parks

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 47311
Our daughter lives in the Dallas area and we have tried all of the parks. Our favorite is the Vineyards in Grapevine. It is located on Lake Grapevine in a rural setting right in the middle of the Metroplex. It used to be a Corps of Engineers Park but is now run by the City of Grapevine and has been completely renovated with plenty of sites for big rigs. The sites are far apart with more of a campground atmosphere. In fact, we have reservations to be there from May 12 through June 4.

Linda

2008 Magna 6925

Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops!

Fuel Mileage

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 47314
Has anyone noticed their fuel milage having dropped over the past year. I've been using Flying J exclusively. I would guess about 10% on my 5.9 l pickup and 8% on the ISL 400 mk. I. The pickup still does better than the new 6.7 l. (17.8 around town.)
TWI 2004 Intrigue 11731. 2001 Dodge RAM

Re: Fuel Mileage

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 47316
Bought my '04 Inspire in early '08 I've put 12,000 miles on it since then and continue to get 8.5 MPG towing my CRV. Happy as a clam. PS-I rarely exceed 60 MPH.
George
'04 Inspire 51061

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 47317
Hi Tom,

If you have been using the new ULSD fuel, you will see a decrease in your mileage. One of the benefits that comes "free with no extra charge" from our Uncle Sam. Stay tuned, the next exciting thing will be clogged fuel filters for some.

At Red Bluff RV Park,

Chuck & Mary B
SOB

Shelby Dog, Miss Kitty, Mr Lucky Cat

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 47318
Tom yes I have noticed a lower fuel mileage. I blame ULSD. I have went from low 8 mpg to mid 7 mpg. I enter info into a spread sheet that calculates for an average of 10 fill up. I travel about 20,000 miles a year.

Bo Lee
2000 Manga

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 47319
Hi George,

You are my kind of person. No over 60 mph for me either. I also do not go over the posted speed limits for speeds under 60 mph.

Chuck B, SOB

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 47321
As an aside, I took off my Country Coach Rear flap (mainly because it was a PITA and served no useful purpose).
There has been no improvement in my MPG as some people suggested but my transmission does run 5 to 10 degrees cooler than before.
George
'04 Inspire 51061

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 47327
Tom, if my mileage has changed over the past year it has gone up. I, like you, use Flying J exclusively.

George in Birmingham
'04 Allure 31038
George in Birmingham
2003 Magna 6298

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 47331
There is also a COE camp ground on Lewisville Lake...probably the cleanest COE park I've ever camped in. The camp ground is called Hickory Creek. Sites with water and 50amp are $9 (with SC discount). Think they have a few with full hook ups for a buck more. Haven't looked but the park is probably already booked full for the memorial day weekend as are most COE parks.
DougC

'94 CC Magna Caprice #5072

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 47332
I'm with you, George. I rarely drive much over 60 mph and consistantly get about 8.5 mpg. I do avoid, as much as possible, driving into a head wind.
With a tail wind on level ground, my boost pressure runs around 4psi With a light wind on the side or off the front corner, it runs around 6 - 10 psi.
With a head wind it runs well over 10, depending on the velocity it can be upwards of 14 - 18 psi.
I will stay in a camp ground for an extra day or two to get a tail wind when ever possible.

DougC

'94 CC Magna #5072

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 47361
Thanks to all who haved offered suggestions of places to stay around Dallas. We have decided to stay at Destiny RV Resort in Denton,

Jock Vargo

2005 Inspire 330

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 47391
Quote from: Jock Vargo

Jock,
Just left DESTINY RV RESORT DENTON on Saturday, stayed a week.
Verry nice place,> Stay there every year for the Classic Car show at Texas Motor Speedway.

Kay & Melvin

2004 Intrigue #11733
505 Cat