Skip to main content
Topic: New Suspension (Read 2211 times) previous topic - next topic

New Suspension

Yahoo Message Number: 41
Question: For the 2001 year model does Country Coach offer independent front suspension in all models? If so anybody offer their experience of their new coach as compared to old style axle.
Am new member seriously considering purchase of Intrique 40' model.
Enjoying the site.
Randy

Re: New Suspension

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 42
Hi: RANDY

yes all the 2001 Country Coach product is equipped with ( IFS ) independent front suspension. the handling characteristic are much better as well as the turning radius is dramatically better Bob

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 48
Quote from: @c\.\.\.
Question: For the 2001 year model does Country Coach offer

independent

front suspension in all models? If so anybody offer their

experience

of their new coach as compared to old style axle.
Am new member seriously considering purchase of Intrique 40' model.
Enjoying the site.
Randy
Hi, we have been looking at new Intrigues also. Like the Magnas too.
We like the value and the new changes that have been made on the Intrigue. Have heard that the new IFS require a little more attention to alignment but that was hear say. I've driven both and the new one is better. We have a 32 foot and would like to get a newer larger unit with a slide.
AL

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 49
We have a Magna2000 with the IFS and it really does turn well. Many times I was in a pretty tight situation and I have always been impressed with it's turning radius. Have not had to unhook yet...

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 50
Quote from: @a\.\.\.
We have a Magna2000 with the IFS and it really does turn well. Many

times I

was in a pretty tight situation and I have always been impressed

with it's

turning radius. Have not had to unhook yet...
Hi, I've also met owners who have taken there older units in, ones w/o IFS, and the alignment people have been able to change the stops so the RV has a tighter turning radius. This particular unit would turn tighter in one direction than the other so they made the adjustment. I think the place that did the change was the CC alignment outsource company in Eugene, OR. The net result is that the turning radius was improved all around for the unit.
I had to on hook once in a panic situation on the coast of Lake Heron where the car was sticking out on a busy road. We moved pretty fast to get in on hooked. The person in the copilot seat was discussing the situation for a long time afterwards too.
AL