Skip to main content
Topic: Newbee interested in Allure and Intrigue (Read 1473 times) previous topic - next topic

Newbee interested in Allure and Intrigue

Yahoo Message Number: 3701
I have been checking out the older posts here for the past couple of days, and the County Coach web site for a couple of weeks. We have brochures on order, but not here yet. The Allure and Intrigue interest me a great deal. I have not been inside either coach yet.

My wife and I currently have a restored 35 foot 1983 Bluebird Wanderlodge front engine Cat 3208 Turbo (225 HP) with Allison 4 speed. We like the house portion a great deal, and 35 foot even without slides is ok with us (we also have two couches in the living room area). I would like a newer coach with more power, updated handling, but still a great build quality like the Bluebird (our 83 is still rock solid throughout).

The research I have done says Country Coach is likely the best modern coach for us. The model we like best on the Country Coach site is the 36' Allure Deschutes single slide.

We want to full time starting five years from now. Financially, a used coach is attainable more quickly than a new coach. I would like the new Independent front suspension for both handling and improved wheel cut. Am I correct that 2000 model year is the first IFS?

I also would like at least the 330 HP Cummins, but am open to comments on what min size motor to look for. On a used coach, we are open to no slide, single slide, and dual slide models.

Any comments on our thought process thus far?

Thanks Much,

Dan, Albuquerque NM

Re: Newbee interested in Allure and Intrigue

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 3706
Hi Dan -

We have a 2000 Allure #30536 and it has the IFS. It is a 40', single slide and has the 330 HP engine. I also am not sure what coach number started the Allure's with the IFS. I am not the driver - sorry to say - but my husband really does like it. We can turn where others cannot. Hope this helps.
Oh yes, our toad weighs 5,000 lbs and it has gone everywhere we have gone for the last two years with no problems.

Kathy

Re: Newbee interested in Allure and Intrigue

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 3735
Thank you for the info both here and via e-mail. We are still researching between Allure, Intrigue, Alpine Coach, and 91 to 95 Bluebird Wanderlodge pushers with tag and detroit 8V92 475 HP coaches.

We are not in a hurry, so will spend the time to arrive at the right decision.

Regards,
Dan

Quote from: ac7880\[br\
"]
I have been checking out the older posts here for the past couple

of

days, and the County Coach web site for a couple of weeks. We have > brochures on order, but not here yet. The Allure and Intrigue > interest me a great deal. I have not been inside either coach yet.

My wife and I currently have a restored 35 foot 1983 Bluebird > Wanderlodge front engine Cat 3208 Turbo (225 HP) with Allison 4 > speed. We like the house portion a great deal, and 35 foot even > without slides is ok with us (we also have two couches in the

living

room area). I would like a newer coach with more power, updated > handling, but still a great build quality like the Bluebird (our 83 > is still rock solid throughout).

The research I have done says Country Coach is likely the best

modern

coach for us. The model we like best on the Country Coach site is > the 36' Allure Deschutes single slide.
> We want to full time starting five years from now. Financially, a > used coach is attainable more quickly than a new coach. I would > like the new Independent front suspension for both handling and > improved wheel cut. Am I correct that 2000 model year is the first > IFS?

I also would like at least the 330 HP Cummins, but am open to > comments on what min size motor to look for. On a used coach, we

are