Skip to main content
Topic: Same as fogged window (Read 683 times) previous topic - next topic

Same as fogged window

Yahoo Message Number: 64280
After the torrential rain we had last week, my driver's side window seems to have had the run off from the roof go between the glass panes. I am guessing the seal around the window is no longer good.
I see that some of you have had fogged windows and had them repaired. Can anyone recommend someone in the Phoenix, Scottsdale area? I would also consider going to Tucson if necessary.
Thanks

Adriane Stoller
Allure 430 cc31157

Re: Same as fogged window

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 64309

If I understand your question properly you are saying your windshield is fogging because water is getting between the glass plates.
Windshields are laminated glass, this is not the same as the dual pane windows which have a space between the glass panes which is either evacuated to form a vacuum or is merely sealed to prevent entery of moisture. Dual pane windows can susually be repaired by taking them apart, cleaning and reassembling them with the proper equipment. Windshields are safety laminated, essentially one piece and inseperable. So they cannot be repaired the same way.
Most states have laws limiting how much fogging a windshield can have.

The only cure I am aware of is replacement.

Bob (rthandren@...)
'05 Inspire 51178

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 64313
Thanks for you reply, but it is the drivers side window, not the windshield. I am looking for a service person who can disassemble the window and clean it and reinstall. Still hoping someone has an answer.

Adriane Stoller

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 64317
Adriane,

We just had some fogged windows repaired by Dave Root RV Glass Repair, in Bend, Oregon. He said that he goes to the Phoenix area in the winter to fix foggy windows, but by appointment only. His phone number is 541-280-3612.
Another one I have heard about is in Apache Junction called Auto Glass Boss 602-505-3803. I know nothing about this one.

Linda

05 Inspire

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 64327
Have you called Oregon Motorcoach Center in Junction City Oregon?

Fernanda Bender
04' Intrigue