Skip to main content
Topic: (no subject) (Read 1392 times) previous topic - next topic

(no subject)

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 5009
As an introduction, I retired in 2000 from Raytheon Aircraft Company, formerly Beech Aircraft Corporation as a Vice President in the Financial Group. We are full timers and are based out of Port Isabel (South Padre Island) Texas. Members of the Country Coach Texans with a 2003 Allure. Have had 94 Eagle and 98 Eagle before switching.
Have severe problem with electrical outlet plugs. Have some 27 on one 15 outlet circuit. Sure does not make sense to me. Had two outlet circuits on Eagle and never had a problem. We constantly trip the 15 amp breaker located by the inverter box. Country Coach says it is the way it is. We tapped into the washer/dryer 20 amp circuit, per Lazy Days recommendation from CC, and rewired two plugs to give some help. Does anyone have any suggestions or remedies. Outside of this it is a great coach and am proud to drive a superior driving and riding Country Coach.
Bob and Mary Welton

Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail

(no subject)

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 5012
Have severe problem with electrical outlet plugs. Have some 27 on

one 15

outlet circuit. Sure does not make sense to me. Had two outlet

circuits on

Eagle and never had a problem. We constantly trip the 15 amp

breaker

located by the inverter box. Country Coach says it is the way it

is. We

tapped into the washer/dryer 20 amp circuit, per Lazy Days
recommendation

from CC, and rewired two plugs to give some help. Does anyone

have any

suggestions or remedies.
Bob, I can't speak for CC but to save costs they only use one ground fault breaker outlet (GFI) this way and one circuit breaker at the electrical panel. My CC prevost has all outlets inside on one circuit also. Not a problem for you to rewire other outlets to different circuits or add circuit breakers (if there are room in the panel) BUT remember to think safety and add a GFI in the beginning of the circuit. In most RV's we can usually touch either the ground (earth) or a water spigot/fixture from where ever we are in the coach. This is not a problem if you are boondocking or not tied in with a shore cord. Your other limitation is the amount of amperage you might draw from the inverter system. I agree, 27 outlets on one circuit is too many. I believe in normal home wiring that would be against the Natilnal Electrical Code and not allowed.

Bill-PA-Country Coach 40' Prevost XL 1998

Electrical problem

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 5014
Quote from: bikerbill44

> > Have severe problem with electrical outlet plugs. Have some 27 on > one 15

> outlet circuit. Sure does not make sense to me. Had two outlet > circuits on

> Eagle and never had a problem. We constantly trip the 15 amp > breaker

> located by the inverter box. Country Coach says it is the way it > is. We
Thanks for the reply. Lazy Days put in a second GFI at the electrical panel just for that purpose. Seems like a questionable design issue.

tapped into the washer/dryer 20 amp circuit, per Lazy Days > recommendation

> from CC, and rewired two plugs to give some help. Does anyone > have any

> suggestions or remedies.

Bob, I can't speak for CC but to save costs they only use one

ground

fault breaker outlet (GFI) this way and one circuit breaker at the > electrical panel. My CC prevost has all outlets inside on one > circuit also. Not a problem for you to rewire other outlets to > different circuits or add circuit breakers (if there are room in

the