Skip to main content
Topic: Branson MO (Read 1517 times) previous topic - next topic

Branson MO

Yahoo Message Number: 5169
Sorry not quite CC related, but I like you all....

Flying (boo hiss) to Branson September 27th - October 4th to check it out and use up a Timeshare week. What is the best place to get advanced show tickets. Any places I should look other than http://www.bransonshows.com .

Any personal favorite RV Park for clubs, as our Sun City Roseville RV Club will be visiting there during the same period in 2004. I'll be checking them out in preparation for our trip of up to 30 rigs.

Hope to quit work within another year, and be on the road.

Herb

Forum Coordinator

Re: Branson MO

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 5171
Herb,

We just returned from a week up there, so I thought I'd throw in my nickels' worth of comments. We used All Access Branson (http://www.allaccessbranson.com) to buy tickets in advance for shows we wanted to be sure & see, and they did a great job of getting us good seats, but we found when we got there you could get as good or better prices in Branson -- both from readily available discount coupon books and from tie-ins some of the theaters have (buy a ticket for one show & you're offered discounts on several others). We wound up staying an extra 3 days just to see more shows (my wife would have stayed longer, but I was "showed out")!

I'd highly recommend you do a dinner cruise on the Branson Belle - includes an excellent meal & one of the best shows we saw, with a superb Russian dancing couple & a fantastic ventriloquist (Todd Oliver) with two talking dogs (be sure you go on a night with that show - they do take a couple nights off). The Kirby VanBurch magic show is another don't-miss show - both Kirby and his sidekick ("Circus Boy") are superb! There are many other shows (too many to see them all), and we saw a LOT (11 I think), but these two are the one's I'd do again & would certainly recommend you don't miss.
Another fun thing to do is Ride the Ducks -- I had no idea what that was, but my wife said we had to do it, and it was definitely worth the time.

Enjoy,
Gary

Re: Branson MO

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 5185
Herb,

Take a look at America's Best Campground in Branson. They have large sites, they are off the main road and a great facility and the best part is that they cater to rallies. They have a book set up with meal prices and they will handle any show reservations. We did a Safari rally there and everyone loved it.
One night the campground arranged for a BBQ dinner and then they provided the entertainment which was very good. Enjoy Branson

Bill G. 2001 Magna #5998