Skip to main content
Topic: Accessing the engine campartment (Read 711 times) previous topic - next topic

Accessing the engine campartment

Yahoo Message Number: 71115
To access the engine compartment through the bedroom, do I have to completely remove the bed ???

Thanks Dan

2004 Inspire 51093

Re: Accessing the engine campartment

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 71117
I do not know on the Inspire. But on the 04 Allure 40' High Cascade model, some disassembly was required, and then propping up towards the driver side. A PITA, but most times don't need to get into this...
I found my info on this by searching the board, as I think it was Don S. that had posted about how...

Suspect other Inspire gang will chime in.

Good luck,
Smitty
04 Allure Sold to a nice new owner! Now enjoying a 07 Magna Rembrandt 45' ISX600 #6775
"We're ONDROAD for THEJRNY!" (Toad and Coach license plates, say Hi if you see us!)

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 71133
Hi Dan:

IMO it's best to remove the mattress, that's the easy part. Stand it up in the galley.

2) prop up the bed platform with a 2x4 or?. Not too bad you tell yourself, I can do this.
3) remove the sliding closet doors. They are heavy. At this point you are very committed.
4) remove the bottom sliding door tracks. If you make it this far, you will be asking to be committed!
5) unbolt the engine compartment floor. You are determined, aren't you?
At this point, the fun is about to begin. You are almost there. The compartment floor may or may not come up easily. That floor is going to be dirty, so lay out drop cloths and towels to protect the wood walls, etc.

Gil Bourdon
'05 Inspire

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 71137
4a) many coaches have the rug attached to a 3/4" plywood insert, which is Velcroed to the engine compartment floor. you have to use a pry bar to get this up.

--

Lee Zaborowski

07 Intrigue 12153, Cat C-13

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 71150
One thing I would add to removing the bedroom engine hatch: Don't try to pry the hatch open from the bedroom. This hatch is heavy (3/4" plywood and steel) and by design it fits tightly.
Push or pry the hatch open from the engine compartment to break it lose, then remove the hatch from the bedroom.
If you try to pry from the bedroom you will likely damage the plywood. Also, I'm sure different coaches have somewhat different hatch designs, but this is what works best on by Inspire.

Jim

2005 40' Inspire #51225

Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2011 10:49 PM To: Country-Coach-Owners@yahoogroups.com Subject: [Country-Coach-Owners] Re: Accessing the engine campartment

Hi Dan:

IMO it's best to remove the mattress, that's the easy part. Stand it up in the galley.

2) prop up the bed platform with a 2x4 or?. Not too bad you tell yourself, I can do this.
3) remove the sliding closet doors. They are heavy. At this point you are very committed.
4) remove the bottom sliding door tracks. If you make it this far, you will be asking to be committed!
5) unbolt the engine compartment floor. You are determined, aren't you?
At this point, the fun is about to begin. You are almost there. The compartment floor may or may not come up easily. That floor is going to be dirty, so lay out drop cloths and towels to protect the wood walls, etc.

Gil Bourdon
'05 Inspire