Skip to main content
Topic: On board computer problem (Read 609 times) previous topic - next topic

On board computer problem

Yahoo Message Number: 74166
We have a 93 Country Coach. The on board computer has started coming on while we are camping saying...Starting Systems Check..Starting Systems Check..Starting Systems Check..Starting Systems Check...It will not stop unless you give it something to check(we turn the light on and off) Most of the time this is not a big deal, but last night it did it every 20 minutes, not good for sleeping. Can anyone suggest how we may be able to get "Louise" to be quiet!!

Re: On board computer problem

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 74167
I would guess you have something in your ignition switch wiring which is triggering the "Louise" announcements. I do not know what wire that would be but it may be on your wire list.
I have listed most of the wires by number and function in our overhead console when I had to replace some components on the the water fill circuit board that was not working correctly.
In my rig wire #123 goes from the voice box PCB to the speaker. You could cut that wire for permanent silence or install a switch.
After hours of cross referencing and diagramming the tanks monitor system, I finally just disconnected the black water level announcement which was always on alert saying BW Tank is 3/4 full.
Electrical gremlins in the overhead console are a challenge since there is little documentation of that wiring in my rig.

Dean

95 Magna 5280

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 74170
You either have an over-voltage problem or have lost ground on Louise's circuit board...
While Louise is shooting off her mouth, check your house battery voltage... If it's much higher than 14 volts, Louise will not know when to shut up... If it is overvoltage, Louise's voice may sound "fuzzy" or distorted... The overvoltage could be caused by the house battery charger not going into "float" mode...
If your house battery voltage is not high, remove the 12 volt feed to the computer circuit board... Then clean and "brighten" ALL connections to the board, paying special attention to ground wires at both the computer board and where grounded to the frame... after "brightening" ground connections, it is a good idea to put a "star" washer on all screw connections at the board and to the frame...
My ol' magna has a "mute/reset" switch which will cause Louise to shut her mouth, but muting her voice only covers up the real cause of the problem...

buck

k7wn, '99magna5653, Cat C10, Allison HD4060, SantaFe toad

=============================================

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 74177
The CC techs I have dealt with have called the speach processer female voice as Molly.

Bo Lee

2000 Magna #5896

[size=0px]

To: Country-Coach-Owners@yahoogroups.com Sent: Saturday, September 3, 2011 1:13 PM Subject: [Country-Coach-Owners] Re: On board computer problem

You either have an over-voltage problem or have lost ground on Louise's circuit board...
While Louise is shooting off her mouth, check your house battery voltage... If it's much higher than 14 volts, Louise will not know when to shut up... If it is overvoltage, Louise's voice may sound "fuzzy" or distorted... The overvoltage could be caused by the house battery charger not going into "float" mode...
If your house battery voltage is not high, remove the 12 volt feed to the computer circuit board... Then clean and "brighten" ALL connections to the board, paying special attention to ground wires at both the computer board and where grounded to the frame... after "brightening" ground connections, it is a good idea to put a "star" washer on all screw connections at the board and to the frame...
My ol' magna has a "mute/reset" switch which will cause Louise to shut her mouth, but muting her voice only covers up the real cause of the problem...

buck

k7wn, '99magna5653, Cat C10, Allison HD4060, SantaFe toad

=============================================

[/color][/font][/size]

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 74187
If you have a speech/mute switch, one of those wires or a ground wire might be faulty.
On my rig wires 223 to speaker, 226 and 227 to voice synthesizer run from that switch.

Dean

95 Magna 5280