Skip to main content
Topic: (unknown) (Read 622 times) previous topic - next topic

(unknown)

Yahoo Message Number: 78025
Mike,

What Colton Truck did was to put a protective hose over the high pressure hydraulic hoses in all the problem areas. Also, when you check your hoses, check them with and without pressure, because they will shift position. Be sure to check the hydraulic hose that goes over the transmission to the fan from the pto/pump. We had a problem that was completely out of site where the hose was rubbing on the top of the transmission.

Jim

2005 Inspire #51225

Hydraulic Hose Problem

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 78026
Ditto,

We have had two high pressure hydraulic lines go. One of the times I lost all braking ability, the engine turned off as we were going down hill. I was going down a steep grade, towing a car as I was gushing oil all over the road. The only reason I discovered the oil leak was because a highway patrol had me pull over. That is when I realized I could not stop. The officer became aware and stayed at my side and in front clearing traffic until the road started going up and I was able to stop. I was billed to have someone come out and throw sand on the oil.

Stan

Inspire 2005 51406

Re: (unknown)

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 78029
Napa sells some synthetic hard plastic covers that snap over the hose where there is chance of abrasion. I have three on the hoses for my Cummins where there a chance of ware agains other hoses or chassis members.
TWI 2004 Intrigue 11731