Skip to main content
Topic: (no subject) (Read 643 times) previous topic - next topic

(no subject)

Yahoo Message Number: 80301
Ok guys, I really hate getting to deep into this discussion again but.....Thanks to the Calvery (Kevin Waite) We have determined that the Norcold recall part has done the job it was designed for. Our fridge was shutdown this morning when we got up. With Kevin's help we bypassed the the recall, and within 10 minutes it was so hot I couldn't keep my hand on the insulation that was also part of the recall. So the recall did prevent a fire. Now I am shopping for a residential refrigerator. Appears that the Samsung RF 197 is the one most are going with. My question is I don't understand all this square sine wave vs full sine wave wave discussion that has been going on. I have a Xantrex Freedom 458 model Inverter. Does anyone know if this inverter will work with the Samsung RF197 without any modifications or what refrigerator will work with this inverter?

Tom Coomes

2005 Inspire 51177

(no subject)

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 80302
Yes, the Samsung runs just fine on a square wave inverter.

We had OMC install ours last fall and we love it.

Send me and e-mail if you want pictures pricing etc.

Jim 07 Allure #31570

Re: (unknown)

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 80307
I have been told that if I dry camp at all, a residential refer is out of the question.... is that true??

To: Country-Coach-Owners@yahoogroups.com Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 11:27 AM Subject: [Country-Coach-Owners] (unknown)

Yes, the Samsung runs just fine on a square wave inverter.

We had OMC install ours last fall and we love it.

Send me and e-mail if you want pictures pricing etc.

Jim 07 Allure #31570

Re: (unknown)

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 80311
If you can watch TV when you dry camp, you can have a residential refer like the Samsung. You will need a charging source like solar or a generator or if you drive every day the engine alternator. But you will need that anyway, unless you use NO 110 Volt power at all and very little 12 volt.

Bob Wexler

SOB with Residential refer