Skip to main content
Topic: PTO Wet Kit - Cost of Kit and Cost of Installation (Read 20003 times) previous topic - next topic

PTO Wet Kit - Cost of Kit and Cost of Installation

Yahoo Message Number: 80826
Does anyone have a ballpark figure installation and cost of PTO Wet Kit

Charlie & Melody
2005 Inspire 51500

Re: PTO Wet Kit - Cost of Kit and Cost of Installation

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 80827
Charlie,

Attached is the invoice from my PTO wet kit.
Good Luck!
RJ

2005 Inspire #51264

Re: PTO Wet Kit - Cost of Kit and Cost of Installation [1 Attachment

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 80829
Please may I ask what a PTO Wet Kit is? thank you,
jan

06 Inspire DaVinci 51898

To: "Country-Coach-Owners@yahoogroups.com" Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:56 AM Subject: Re: [Country-Coach-Owners] PTO Wet Kit - Cost of Kit and Cost of Installation [1 Attachment]

Charlie,

Attached is the invoice from my PTO wet kit.
Good Luck!
RJ

2005 Inspire #51264

To: Country-Coach-Owners@yahoogroups.com Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 7:40 AM Subject: [Country-Coach-Owners] PTO Wet Kit - Cost of Kit and Cost of Installation

Does anyone have a ballpark figure installation and cost of PTO Wet Kit

Charlie & Melody
2005 Inspire 51500

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 80830
Hi Charlie,

We paid $636 parts and installation w/tax. We are in Jacksonville, FL

Marta

07 Allure 31501

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 80831
I paid just over $1,000.00 for parts, fluids, and labor in Amarillo, TX in 2009. Have know idea if it is cheaper today or not.

Jock Vargo
2005 Inspire

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 80832
Charlie,

I recently had this done & I believe it was in the neighborhood of $500 labor & parts. I'm at work so don't have the receipt with the exact amount available. The RV repair facility removed the pump & took it to to the local Chelsea distributor where the pump was rebuilt & the modification made.

Fred Compton

2005 Magna # 6454

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 80836
Looks like I didn't negotiate well. We bought the kit and had the local Freightliner dealer install. All told...recall it to have been about $1500. Probably would have been less if we had let the dealer source and install.
G Brown 2007 Allure 31447

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 80840
Jan,

Here is the original recall link that should explain what the PTO wet kit is and the need for it.

www.accws.com/ptorecall.html RJ

2005 Inspire

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 80869
I just had the PTO wet kit installed 2 weeks ago. The cost for parts+labor was ~$800. The best deal I found was going through a truck shop that specializes in PTO sales (I went to PTO Sales in PHX AZ). The shop had it done in a few hours.
Note: When I checked prices at other truck repair shops most tech's did not have a clue to the wet ket fix. After I explained it to them they quoted anywhere from $1500-$2500!!! Just stupid!

FYI...PTO shops commonly refer to this as a 'wet spline' kit.

Chad

2006 Inspire 51866

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 80888
Quote from: Charlie Thavenot"

> Does anyone have a ballpark figure installation and cost of PTO Wet Kit >

Charlie & Melody
2005 Inspire 51500
Charlie and Melody

Your PTO drives a hydraulic pump that typically powers the radiator fan and power steering. The two are connected by a male spline gear in the pump and a female spline gear on the PTO. The PTO wet kit comes with a new female spline gear, but your pump will need to be inspected to determine if it is worn. If so, you may have to replace the pump as sometimes a gear kit is not available. Also, if your pump was make in the UK, a new one may take twelve weeks for delivery.
So, make sure your pump spline gear is inspected. Hope your pump is OK.

George Harper
04 Allure

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 80891
If you don't mind crawling around under your bus, you can remove the pump, slide it back and inspect the spline. I did this last season before our seasonal relocation. The inspection went down like this: http://muniac.smugmug.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=18975398&AlbumKey=kh2TZb Spline was OK and I repacked it with a good load of synthetic grease. Good luck with your situation. I too offer hopes that your spline is OK.

At 09:08 AM 7/13/2012, you wrote: