Skip to main content
Topic: OVERHEATING C9 CAT IN '05 ALLURE 430 (Read 692 times) previous topic - next topic

OVERHEATING C9 CAT IN '05 ALLURE 430

Yahoo Message Number: 81547
I can disconnect the sensor pigtail at the fan module and the fan will run on high. I'm full of fluid. I'm also using an adjustable chip by TS Performance that boosts HP and mileage, and they claim this has no bearing on overheating to this point. Does anyone know where these sensors are located on the C9? I'll try checking them before buying a fan controller for sure. I've also tried running the dash a/c but that doesn't help. Last time I got up to 246 degrees and the engine did the automatic shutdown.

Re: OVERHEATING C9 CAT IN '05 ALLURE 430

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 81548
I'm not sure what you mean by "sensor pigtail", but my fan controller connector failed, causing the fan not to run. Unplugging the connector drove the fan to high.

I replaced the connector. All is well.

Jay

05 Inspire 51457
C-9

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 81550
Thank you, Jay. I hope that corrosion is all my problem, and I'll replace the pigtail for starters and see if I'm as lucky.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 81568
If you are still overheating when the fan is running on high you probably have other problems. If you have the original thermostats in your engine that could well be the problem. Cat recommends replacing them every 3 years. I changed mine out this spring. It's a pretty simple thing to do, easy DIY project.
RJ 2005 Inspire