Skip to main content
Topic: (no subject) (Read 779 times) previous topic - next topic

(no subject)

Yahoo Message Number: 81741
Hi Folks,

I pulled in last nite with the engine running perfectly. This morning, will not start. Turns over and tries to fire but will not run. After cycling the ignition switch several times, it will run on 2 or 3 cylinders.
Any ideas other than filters, lift pump, etc. I really have no reason to suspect either but am at atotal loss why it won't run.

Dave Trotter
01 Intrigue 11215
"Apparently, I'm supposed to be more angry about what Mitt Romney does with his money than what Barack Obama does with mine."

Won't run

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 81743
I think the fuel shutoff solenoid is failing, I had the same experience last spring. Changing the solenoid solved the problem. May not be the problem but it's a place to look.

Jack Allure 30076

Re: Won't run

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 81745
Jack, If I cycle the lift pump several times and then wait 10-15 minutes, it will start and run on 4-5 cylinders for 10-15 seconds and then slowly act like it is starving for fuel and die. I just finished changing out both fuel filters and it doesn't make any difference. It still acts the same as before.

Dave Trotter

Re: Won't run

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 81801
Marvin and Jack,

Thanks for your input. I didn't see any type of manual primer in the fuel system schematic. CoachNet tech says there isn't one.
I finally called Coach Net for a tow. Coach will be held in the tow companys' impound lot till Monday and then towed to a Cummins facility for diagnosis.

Dave Trotter

01 Intrigue 11215