Skip to main content
Topic: Scottsdale to Garden City Kansas (Read 667 times) previous topic - next topic

Scottsdale to Garden City Kansas

Yahoo Message Number: 86019
I will be heading from Scottsdale to Garden City, Kansas on March 5th.
I am driving a 40ft. Allure, towing a jeep. I would like to go through Albuquerque and up the 25 to the 56 and then the 83. Any advice on the roads and if they are suitable would be welcome. I plan to do it in 2 1/2 days and I stop at RV parks as I am on my own. Thanks in advance.

Adriane

Allure 430 cc31157

Re: Scottsdale to Garden City Kansas

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 86023
Not the prettiest drive, but you want to head east on I-10 to Las Cruces, then Hwy 70 to Alamagordo, then Hwy 54 to I-40 at Santa Rosa, then to Tucumcari and Hwy 54 to Liberal, Kansas and then Hwy 83 to Garden City. Its shorter and more Direct. If going thru Albuquerque, when you get to Deming take Hwy 26 to Hatch and then I 25 to Albuquerque. You could take I17 to Flagstaff and across I 40 to Albuquerque, but if you do watch the weather Snow can catch you anytime around Flagstaff. Gallup. the pass just east of Albuquerque. Weather on the high plains of eastern NM. Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas is erratic at best this time of year.
TWI 2004 Intrigue 11731