Skip to main content
Topic: (no subject) (Read 743 times) previous topic - next topic

(no subject)

Yahoo Message Number: 92910
Hi All,

I have owned many of Rvs. The one I got now, is a 2001 Trek. Nice Rig.
I am looking for (What is not out there) which is a ride of a big coach / Stable and straight of a big coach, Room of a 60 footer (LoL) but small enough to get into any camp site and fit into a parking spot (LoL)
Any how, A friend told me, because I alway loved a country coach, That the 37 foot Magna with the tag is the best coach for maneuverability, with an awesome ride. Said you can let go of the wheel, and make a sandwich while going down the road... and the coach will almost turn in a 360 without moving forward.. LoL...
I found one. Want to make sure, I am not making a mistake. It is a 2002 Magna 37 foot, 3 slides tag axle, with a 425 Cat engine, 8K Onan generator.
I know the 37 foot has a shorter wheel base, then 42 ft, and the 45 ft. Is it still a nice riding coach? Is the cat 425 enough power? and what should I expect for MPG? The 8K generator, I see a lot of 12K gens out there, Is the 8K quiet, and will it have enough power? I know the difference in 2002, and 2003 are the pull down tv's, anything els? I want to make sure There is not a big difference in 03, to 04 models, and what the difference is, between the 37 and 42? Water storage, fuel storage, anything, and everything would be nice to know. I want to know what I am missing out on, before I pull the trigger on this coach. If the reason is big enough, I will wait, keep looking, or spend more money, or even deal with the cons.
Seems the 37 tag is a hard coach to find. I do not know if that's because there were not a good seller, so less were produced, was it a night and day difference in rides between 37, 42? Or MPG? , or does nobody sell them, once they own one.
Any, and all help would be greatly appreciated. I am not rich, and the $120,000 is a lot of money to me. If I get what I want, it will be the best money I spent, a mistake would be devastating, and hold me back on my retirement.

Re: (unknown)

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 92911
Basically storage is shy because of the extra tag, But you can haul a load of bird shot with out worry of overloading the suspension. You will have a 4000 transmission so you can always get some one to crank up the output of the engine. Just keep an eye on the coolant temperature. A friend of mine with a C-12 , has 500 horsepower to the ground on his 40 ' Affinity, an 02 as I remember. The quality is there, but a careful inspection and test drive are always in order. Fuel milage is a function of the weight of your foot and the perceived traveling time. If I take it easy I can easily get over 8 mpg out of my Cummins, but if I'm impatient I can whittle those numbers down to 7.0 easily and that big Cat will cost you at least another .5 to .7 mpg. The ride should be fantastic if you have Michelin Tires, very good with Continentals. I'm not a Toyo fan. The later units will have all disc brakes, but I have never felt my drum brakes lacking providing my right foot is heavy enough. I prefer the Maple and walnut interiors, because the cherry gets darker as it ages, while the Walnut lightens and the Maple remains almost as new. Maple makes the coach seem bigger. I never thought of my 36' Allure as small, even though now with a 42' Intrigue the extra front slide and bed room slide makes more of a difference than the length. I think I could have been happy with a 34' Allure with 3 slides. That being said if you travel for extended times, the extra space comes in handy.
TWI 2004 Intrigue 11731

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 92913
We'll Ross, I cannot comment on the 37' but if you find it does not work out & you can spare a few more dollars I have a 05 -40' INTRIGUE LE quad slide w/ 525 cat ' tag axle for sale.
Good luck with your search.

Harvey, 06 Magna 6670 & 05 Intrigue 11885

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 92914
You can get a very nice 2005 Country Coach Inspire (40 ft.) for a lot less money. Take a look at my ad on RV Trader. It has a 400 HP Caterpillar (C9) engine and a 7.5K Onan generator. This coach is excellent condition with 47,000 miles. It has a very good turning ratio, one the selling points when we bought it. We bought it new in Tucson, Arizona, where it is now located. We have visited many campsites across the country and have never had a problem getting in and out. Contact us in Tucson at 520-343-3815.

Gary and Sandy Collins