Skip to main content
Topic: Winegard Trav'ler antenna won't stow (Read 6332 times) previous topic - next topic

Winegard Trav'ler antenna won't stow

Yahoo Message Number: 97279
I have a Winegard Trav'ler Directv antenna installed on my roof. Has worked perfectly for the two years I have had it. The coach, and the antenna, have been set up at Santa Fe for two months but today was the day to move. The stow function failed with a message "EL Motor Home Failure". The troubleshooting guide tells me to call Winegard which is closed today due to holiday. The antenna tried to stow but failed with the arm in the vertical position.

Has anyone received and resolved this situation?

Thanks for any help.

George in Birmingham(still in Santa Fe)

'03 Magna 6298
George in Birmingham
2003 Magna 6298

Re: Winegard Trav'ler antenna won't stow

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 97295
I received the following procedure from Winegard technical support. The procedure works and the antenna is now functioning properly

Press and hold "enter" on interface box until "enter user menu" appears. > Press "select" to move the * next to yes, and then press "enter". > Press "select" until the * is next to "installation", and then press > "enter". > When asked for password, press "enter" 4 times. > Press "select" until the * is next to "calibrate el", and then press > "enter". > It will then say "on EL hard stop". If the satellite is still pointing > straight up press "select" to move the * next to yes, and then press > "enter". > It should say calibrate EL success. Once it does, press "enter". > Press "select" until the * is next to "exit". > It should then say "power off:yes/no". Press "select" to move the * > next to yes, and then press "enter".

George in Birmingham '03 Magna 6298
George in Birmingham
2003 Magna 6298