Skip to main content
Topic: Turn off interior heat, Aquahot (Read 709 times) previous topic - next topic

Turn off interior heat, Aquahot

Yahoo Message Number: 100804
For some reason my interior heat comes on whenever the diesel burner is turned on for the Aquahot unit.  I'm not sure what has changed.  I did have it worked on a couple of months ago to repair a coupling on the pump.  I was thinking the thermostat controlled the heat but now the heat is on whenever the diesel burner is on.  (The electric element currently doesn't work).  It is only the front where the heat is on.  Even with the AC running.  Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Britt

2004 Intrigue 11836

Re: Turn off interior heat, Aquahot

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 100806
you might try resetting the thermostat.
Lonny & Diane Livingston
'04 Allure #31065

16. SYSTEM RESET   
a. Turn the ON/OFF switch to OFF position.

b. Simultaneously depress and hold the MODE and ZONE push-buttons while turning the ON/OFF switch to ON.

FF should appear in the LCD display until the MODE and ZONE push-buttons are released.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 101048
Well, I tried that to no avail.  When I press the mode and zone buttons at the same time the display cycles through all the zones.  Moving the switch to the on position has no effect when following the reset procedure.  Never saw FF on the display.  I've got the hydrahot turned off, (diesel burner).  At first, the fan for the front zone was running.  Now the front zone is off and the rear zone fans are running.  The heat for zones 1, 2, and 3 are all turned off and set points at 60.  The A/C for zones 1 and 2 are set at 84* and off.  Zone 3 is in auto with a set point of 84.

I never had this issue before I had it serviced at Tom Johnson in Concord, NC.  I had a very bad experience there and do not intend to get them involved.  I'd rather fix it myself or pay another shop.

Thanks,
Britt

2004 Intrigue 11836

www.cojobluegrass.com

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 101236
Update

My problem was that the fans for the rear zone heat would not turn off.  After a studying what was inside the bay, I decided to do the old tapping test.  Tap the valves, tap the relays.  After tapping the relays, the fans turned off.  I think one or more of my relays was stuck closed.  They look like standard automotive relays; like a horn relay.  I plan to pick up a couple of relays to keep on hand and if it happens again, carefully tap them individually to find the offender and replace it.

Thanks for the input from the group and the link to Roger Berke, a great resource.

Britt

2004 Intrigue 11836

www.cojobluegrass.com