Skip to main content
Topic: AC condensate drain (Read 772 times) previous topic - next topic

AC condensate drain

Yahoo Message Number: 101320
Can someone tell me where the condensate drain is for the middle AC unit.  If I run that unit when the main slide is in the carpet will be damp when I open the slide.  Because of that we usually just run the front and rear unit when traveling down the road if the house AC is needed.  If I'm going to run the genny though, I'd like to take advantage of running all three.

Thanks,
Britt

2004 Intrigue 11836

Re: AC condensate drain

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 101321
I do not know where the drain hose runs from the middle AC. (At times, would not mind having a third unit on our 40', but usually the two 15K units keep us in comfort.)

If no one knows here for sure either, you might check underneath the side and look for the subbed out hose end. That would at least get you the end point, and the starting point of course can be seen when you look inside the AC unit from beneath.

Do you suspect it is leaking all of the time? Or some how only entering the rig when the slide is in?

Will follow this thread, as I've now had my interest triggered on adding a 3rd unit!!!

Best of luck, and if you find out what is causing it, please let us know,

Smitty

04 Allure 31017
04 Allure Sold to a nice new owner! Now enjoying a 07 Magna Rembrandt 45' ISX600 #6775
"We're ONDROAD for THEJRNY!" (Toad and Coach license plates, say Hi if you see us!)

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 101324
I've looked under the slide and I don't see anything.  Hopefully a few more folks will chime in.

Britt

2004 Intrigue 11836

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 101325
The drain does not go thru the slide. It may be on either side of the  coach. Look under the coach near the sidewalls for a pipe/tube. It is usually  about 1/2 in diameter and white or creme colored.

The drain tube is usually one piece from the top to bottom.

It probably is not the source of the leak.
 If you are in a warm climate run the center air and see if water is  dripping under the coach. This is assuming the center unit has a drain.

Mikee

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 101332
Maybe the third AC unit drain is merely spliced into the other two? My two AC drains are spiced together and drain out the back,  underneath the coach.

Larry, 03 Allure 30856 36'