Skip to main content
Topic: Tire Wear and Oil Consumption Comparisons with other Magna's (Read 2368 times) previous topic - next topic

Tire Wear and Oil Consumption Comparisons with other Magna's

Yahoo Message Number: 71
Please advise me of your experiences with front tire wear on a Magna 1999, 36 foot Tribute. Have you observed any additional wear on the inside rib of the driver's front tire and the outside rib of the rider's side front tire than the other ribs of the tire tread?

Also, what is your experience with oil consumption with the Cummins 350. I drive 72-75 MPH on a sustainded basis and consume about 1 quart of oil every 1,000 miles.

Thanks for any feedback on the tire wear and oil consumption.

Re: Tire Wear and Oil Consumption Comparisons with other Magna's

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 72
unfortunately, i havent put enough mileage on the coach to notice a real problem with tire wear. I also installed a center power steer control and that mght have made a difference. on the mileage ive put on it, i also travel around 70 and have not had that kind of oil loss.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 73
We are 2000 Intrigue and cannot help with tire question. Do have the 350 Cummins and I would say that 1qt per 1000 miles is about what we do.

Peter
www. BritanniaInc.com
Phone 800-274-5245
Fax 219-483-3653

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 74
We have a 32 Allure with the 325 Cum. and do not have to add any oil between changes. We are considering a larger unit and wondering how the CCs with CAT engines are doing???

I was running my front tires at about 90 lbs and had trouble with tire wear. Re aligned front end and have moved tire pressure up to the 105-110 range and much happier with the results. Also would suggest that you flip the tires on the rims after alignment or rotate you tires.
Al

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 75
I have a 350isc and also get right around 1000 miles/quart. Upon questioning Country Coach service about this consumption rate they sent me a table of acceptable oil usage from Cummins. For the 6C engine (this is a 1996 table) the rate is 400 miles/quart so I gave up pursuing it.

Sincerely

George W Becker

gwb36@...

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 76
On tire wear, I have a 36' Intrigue with dinette slide and have 39000 miles on the tires. Based on measured weight I use 85psi and the wear is not abnormal and looks low. Just to be safer, I might increase the pressure to 90 or 95.

Sincerely

George W Becker

gwb36@...