Skip to main content
Topic: Instrument Panel Malfunction (Read 1448 times) previous topic - next topic

Instrument Panel Malfunction

Yahoo Message Number: 106955
On rare occasions, unpredictably, while driving along the highway, my instrument panel will give a 1-2 second beep, all the electronic lights come on and the analog dials all go to zero or default, just exactly like immediately after I turn the ignition key to start the engine. When this occurs while driving nothing happens to the ignition or the engine, it all keeps moving along smoothly and once the instrument panel goes thru this routine it comes on normally again, except that the ATC light is flashing. I can keep driving indefinitely and everything remains normal with all the instruments reading normally except the ATC light flashes. If I stop, turn off the engine, and restart it, everything is normal and the ATC no longer flashes. This happens without any pattern, sometimes once a day, sometimes not for two or three weeks. It has happened dozens of times or more. I have mentioned it to several repair mechanics and they are unable to find the answer - everything at that time is working normally. And I have no problem driving the coach. This has been happening for at least 6-7 years.
More recently, again unpredictably, when I turn the ignition and the engine starts normally there is no beep no panel lights no instrument functioning at all. When I start driving the instruments then go through their normal routine - beeping, all lights coming on and then the analog dials work again and everything is normal. I could drive on the highway without the instruments since I have virtually all the information on my Silverleaf and on my portable GPS.
But obviously something is wrong.

Has anyone else had similar issues? Or any ideas.

Tom Oelsner

2006 Intrigue 12060
drtomo@...

Re: Instrument Panel Malfunction

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 106956
Sounds like it could be a loose ground......

Wally & Elta Mae

2007Allure 470 #31535

Re: Instrument Panel Malfunction

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 106968
Had simular problem which was caused by a wiring bundle "1939" damaged by heat from proximity to the exist aystem.