Skip to main content
Topic: (no subject) (Read 1088 times) previous topic - next topic

(no subject)

Yahoo Message Number: 108079
My Girard G -2000 awning won't retract automatically. The only way I can get it to retract is manually. It extends fine. Any ideas.

glen

2003 intrigue 11592

Re:

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 108095
Glen, I experienced the same issue two days ago with my Girard 2000. Researching this forum and the web I found descriptions and solutions for the problem, one solution included accessing the Girard controller and adjusting the "potentiator" (sp?) screw. One of the posts that I read explained that the switch that activates the Girard motor detects the power source being used (AC or inverter) and a possible solution is installing a newer device that does a better job of detecting power source.

I ended up simply disconnecting from shore power, turning off the inverter, and reconnecting to shore and it worked fine. Have had the problem once since then and simply shutting of the inverter corrected the problem. Hope that this works for you.

John

'02 36' Intrigue 11467

Re:

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 108104
Thank you for the info. I let the awning out today and it worked fine. I'll keep the info in case it happens again. Thanks again.
Glen

2003 intrigue