Skip to main content
Topic: Emergency Brake not on..... (Read 3130 times) previous topic - next topic

Emergency Brake not on.....

Yahoo Message Number: 110146
I went to level my coach on a relative level area and when I pushed the Air Automatic level button on my HWH panel I received the message that I could not use that function as my emergency brake was not engaged. I can assure you it was and tried several times to re-attempt the procedure. I gave up, had a cocktail and when I returned to the coach I tried again and voila.... it worked. The next stop it did it again and again after releasing and setting the brake several times it died. Next stop, it worked... Ideas???

Re: Emergency Brake not on.....

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110147
just posted...... emergency brake.... forgot my ID.... Steve Wilcomb, 2000 Magna, #5784

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110148
The park brake switch is failing. It is located on the bottom of the pranks brake switch. It is called a Nason switch. They are about 25 bucks.

Mikee

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110149
Steve,

The same thing happened to me. Working with Kevin, I was able to by-pass the relay switch by grounding it directly the frame. You should give him a call and he will walk through it. These relays are located in different places on the RV. There are 3 relays right next to each other. Mine are located on the drivers side next to the generator.
Kevin: 541 953 6162.

Michael Title
05 Inspire #51381

On 3/4/2017 18:28, steve.irene@... [Country-Coach-Owners] wrote:

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 110151

Locate the white oval pressure switch located in the outside front run bay compartment under the drivers seat, there will be three of them in a row, locate the one with the white #21 wire attached to it, remove the white #21 wire from the pressure switch and attach it to a ground somewhere in the bay (You should have a lug with ground wires already attached the floor of the bay). Feel free to contact me if you like.

Note: I have also attached a picture of the part that you need to look for as well.

Kevin Waite
541-953-6162

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 110155
Kevin is exactly right. Mine went 2 years ago and it started intermittently before it completely failed. Ground it out as he says and get a new one.

Rich 2002 Magna

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 110159
I ALWAYS have them IN STOCK & they are a good spare part to carry on board as well.

Kevin Waite

541-953-6162 (Cell)
kvn.wt.7629@...

Bra

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 110315
All you need to do is send an email to the country coach yahoo email address. The subject line is the new topic.

How much are you paying to take the 3m off. Mine looks horrific. I think the bra is a better plan.

From D Jean:
Forgive me.....

I have another question to ask.

But, I cannot seem to learn how to start a new topic.
I am having the 3M taken off the nose of my coach and I want to hear recommendations about whether or not a Bra(Mask) is a good idea or not. Lazy Days will custom make on for me for $699. They say it is much easier to clean off the bugs from the front and will also protect against gravels.
Opinions, please.....
D Jean
CC 81072

Re: Bra

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 110317
Also at the bottom of every email is a link to "start a new topic."

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 110320
D Jean

My experience with bras on cars is that they scratch the paint.

Dan 2006 Allure 31348       
Dan

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 110321
Cleaned mine myself. Used a heat gun, pack of plastic razor blades, and Goo Be Gone. Took 21 hours. Had no chipped paint and the front looks like new. Lot of work but would do it again.

Tom

2005 Inspire

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 110326
did mine too. a cheap walmart steamer and plastic razor blades....not a scratch and looks like new.....however there is about 26 hours of my life i'll never get back...Luther

2006 affinity 6600

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 110327
Same here 3 yrs ago. Very tedious work, but I took 6 days of "a little bit at a time" with plastic razor blades, turpentine, rags, and occasional rum and cokes. Coach looked perfect afterward, with no clearcoat damage. Diamond Shield did the replacement install and said they get  $500 to do a removal at that time. Safe travels.

Jeff Thurston

04 Intrigue 42ft Ovation 11630

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 110330
David we were in Naples, FL at Pelican Lake. Warm (80 degree) temperatures made the need for a heater unnecessary, and the Diamond Shine provider was in the Resort regularly. I just set up an install date with him. He commented on how good the 11 yr old coach looked after removal, and considering we had over 80K miles then, the credit all goes to that original 3M film. I can't imagine traveling without one.

PS: Our previous coach (1998 Beaver) came new with a fabric bra I had the Dealer make. It fit fine, but ultimately the gloss was rubbed away on the front of the coach after a couple of years and 15K miles. The film is vastly superior IMHO. Safe travels.

Jeff Thurston CCI 5060

03/4 Intrigue 42ft Ovation, 400ISL, 11630

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 110333
Jeff.....

Would it be possible to get contact information for the Diamond Shine provider? Did you get a card or a receipt? We are at the Myakka River Motorcoach Resort in Port Charlotte.
Thanks, David
CC81072

Reply #18
Yahoo Message Number: 110336
David all my paperwork is stored in the RV, and it's in storage till late Spring. I did a Google search, and I found http://www.diamond-shield.com They offer to assist in getting a certified installer anywhere in the country. Give them a call at 866-546-6055. Sorry I can't be more specific. I can get into the coach later this week if you don't find what you need. Their truck was in RiverBend near Fort Myers while we were there in Dec/Jan this year so Myakka River should be easy as well.

Jeff