Skip to main content
Topic: Dash air conditioner compressor (Read 2252 times) previous topic - next topic

Dash air conditioner compressor

Yahoo Message Number: 110209
I have a CC chassis and the dash air compressor has locked up. I'm, in Orlando, FL at the Cummins dealership and they are trying to find a replacement. Country Coach is not answering their emails and I wondered if any of you had replaced the compressor and the accumulator/dryer. Trying to find numbers to identify the items.
Thanks

Casey Jones
2003 Islander

Re: Dash air conditioner compressor

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110216
CC used a lot of compressors from Que products .I bought mine from World Air dave@...

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110218
Hey all. I have a new one in my truck at the moment that I ordered from napa. It was also listed with http://acmeairparts.com/.

I will look at the box in the am and get the part number. If you send acme the info they will email info also.

Nice coah by the way we have 2000 allure #30476

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 110219
After having my dash air supposedly fixed 4 times. Including 2 compressors, a receiver dryer, Trinary switch, lots of 134a and big labor charges, I still had no air after a couple of weeks. I noticed that the clutch on the compressor was always engaged, even with the dash controls off. I unplugged the electrical connection at the compressor because I figured that the compressor was running with no 134a or oil in the system. I took my coach into Fountain RV in Lakeland, Fl to have a few other items repaired. They found that the compressor was wired directly to the ignition and were able to rewire it correctly. They found one o-ring in the system that was completely missing and others that were pinched. It works great now. This may or may not be your same problem but it's some info to consider.

Brett

08 Allure 470
# 31665

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 110222
For our 2000 Magna C-10 I ended up ordering it from CC. (Yes they eventually called me back). I just wasnt' sure any of the others would fit or be the right displacement, have the belt line up; etc. Etc. As it turns out I had to modify the bracket to accept the new compressor anyway. I found a receiver drier here locally in the Minneapolis area.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 110230
I replaced my A/C compressor and dryer about 6 months ago, it's working great.

https://www.coolairparts.com

I used the number printed on the old compressor to find the correct one here.

CC wanted $550+$35 for a connector, and I got it here for around $200 for new.

Wes

2000 CC Alure 36'
Wes Owens
2000 CC Allure 36' #30443
Full time, western US summer, Mexico 6 months over winter.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 110231
Thanks all. CC/Winnabego called back and we are getting the parts locally and should be put in today.

Casey Jones