Skip to main content
Topic: Axle Gasket for the left side duly (Read 1319 times) previous topic - next topic

Axle Gasket for the left side duly

Yahoo Message Number: 110210
I have a 2007 Country Coach Magna with a leaky axle/duly gasket. I have tried to obtain this gasket and so far have not found any place that carries it. The gasket has 10 holes and from the center of the bolt at the top to the center of the bottom bolt is 7 2/8"; also, from bolt to bolt is 2 2/8".
I hope someone can provide me some direction on obtain this gasket.

Willie Jones

Re: Axle Gasket for the left side duly

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110212
Silicone is what is used today. Clean and coat the surface with silicone.

Mikee

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110220
It was fixed once with ATV and it started leaking. It was repaired again, I guess we will have to see if it holds.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110223
Any big heavy duty truck repair place should be able to get that gasket once they remove it and identify it. I assume you're talking about the outer gasket same applies to the inner gasket but I had to have that changed and I would never attempt it. You have to pull the entire axle shaft.

Rich 2002 Magna

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 110225
If it is leaking the axle is working on the hub. It may be due to not tightening the flange bolts enough, warped surface, or the bolt holes are too big allowing the axle to work.

Mikee

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 110237
I have had problems with keeping a seal using silicone gasket adhesives, I found sealing the flange studs individually cured the issue. And torque specs should be followed always, as well as inspecting washers and nuts

Robert McClernon
2000 Intrigue
Robert McClernon
2000 Intrigue
40 one slide cummins 375