Skip to main content
Topic: Driver side, Forward slide rattle (Read 1419 times) previous topic - next topic

Driver side, Forward slide rattle

Yahoo Message Number: 110282
Slide on the drivers side forward is rattling when driving down the road. Removed the cover plate and it appears the center roller bearing for the channel is worn. As it rolls in and out this bearing engages only on the last 25% of the stroke when it dips into the floor level. One roller of this double bearing is noticeably worn and I am thinking this could be the cause of my rattles as I drive down the road.

Called Kevin Waite, he cannot source the part. Called the new Winnebago CC and waiting for a call back.

Has anyone sourced this bearing? 
Mark

07 Inspire 51985

Re: Driver side, Forward slide rattle

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110289
Mark,

If you look at the large square tubing that supports the slide when it's extended there should be a sticker showing that Power Gear manufactured the part and a part number. If yours is missing I believe ours should be the same as our motor home is also a 2007. The part number is 524293. Email Power Gear and they should be able to help.

customerservice@...

Barney

07 Inspire 52059

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110291
Aside from owning a coach I run a printing company and do a lot of the maintenance. I have been able to get any bearing I need from Bearings Incorporated in Portland. I am sure there are bearing specialty houses in most large cities. Take the bearing to them and they will measure it and supply a new one. I have found metric as well as American bearings there.

Brian O'Day
Portland Oregon

2006 Inspire # 51565

2015 Grand Cheerokee Toad

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 110292
Thannks for all the responses. I spoke with Art at The New Winnebago-CC and he has the bearings in stock. Good quick response from them as well.

FYI, he mentioned they are building Ultra Tour coaches in the facility. Very nice.

Thanks again