Skip to main content
Topic: PTO leak (Read 1165 times) previous topic - next topic

PTO leak

Yahoo Message Number: 110339
Hi- I've had an issue with a leak where the PTO is. A wet drip coming down the hose. Took it in and they said it was a bad o ring. They replaced it and we just came back from a trip and it is leaking again. I've been reading about the wet PTO conversion. How do I know if it's been done to my coach? Any info would be great. Thanks.

Lauren

2005 Inspire 330

Re: PTO leak

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110340
If it's leaking, it is wet. The dry ones use just grease for lubrication, so nothing would drip. That's the good news, but you still have to find the leak. I would suspect a hose fitting.

Greg

06 Magna 6642
2006 Magna Rembrandt C13
2016 Jeep GC toad

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110342
Excellent write up. Just had one installed at 47,000. Fortunately it wasn't worn and only the kit needed to be installed.

2005 Intrigue Suite Sensation #11890 Cummins 400 ISL

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 110343
The dry ones still have a single line that is wet, it lubes the pto where it attaches to transmission. There will be two small lines if it's had the conversion , the second line lubricates the pto where it connects to pump. You can correct me if I'm wrong. I just completed the conversion on my 07 inspire yesterday an it leaked between pump an pto, I had to take it apart an redo gasket, it fixed it.