Skip to main content
Topic: Slideout Problem - Teflon Glider (Read 2794 times) previous topic - next topic

Slideout Problem - Teflon Glider

Yahoo Message Number: 110349
We had one of our big slides kind of dragging on extension / retraction and took the slide in to HWH (because it is located about an hour from where we live) and they found that the nylon block that the slideout rests and glides on during extension and retraction is coming loose and one of the screws or bolts that hold the block to the coach frame has come loose and is riding up into the channel on the top of the nylon block that the slideout rides through. HWH ONLY performs service on the actual HWH systems and not on the slides (unless they manufactured them) which they didn't for CC. They recommended that we have someone REMOVE the slideout, fix the front nylon block that has come loose (and probably do the rear one as well as any other maintenance that could be conceived of while the slide is out) (and probably replace the seals, because... why not!)

What we are looking for is someone who has DIRECT, ACTUAL, DEMONSTRATED, WITH REFERENCES experience in removing and reinstalling slides and working with HWH systems. We will go anywhere in the CONUS to get this done, but we don't want to be a part of someone's learning curve.

Any thoughts, advice or recommendations, or a way to fix this without completely removing the slide?

Jim and Jona Seifert

jim.jona.seifert@... 2007 Country Coach Intrigue Ovation 530 42' Coach #12150

525 Cat C13 Allison 6spd

Toads: 2014 Ford F150 / 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser w/ REMCO DS Disconnect.
Airforce 1 Brake system
Blue Ox Aventa II Towbar
Jim and Jona Seifert
2007 Intrigue 530

Re: Slideout Problem - Teflon Glider

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110352
I had the slides on my 06 Intrigue realigned back in 10 or 11 at Oregon Motorcoach Center. At the time, they had a guy from the CC factory that knew everything about the operation and maintenance of slides. Unfortunately, I believe he passed away a couple years ago. However, OMC may still be able to help you out.

Dan SOB

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110353
Try Eric Olstrom in Tucson, AZ. 520 624-2024.

Regular silicone spraying of those blocks from the outside bottom of the slide, with the slide 2/3 out or so, will keep things sliding and minimize strain.

Lee

VP Publications, CCI

2007 Country Coach Intrigue 12153
CAT C-13

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110354
Another source that has some of the CC employees working there is Premier RV in Junction City. Give Gary a call and address your issue with him.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 110357
I purchased one of the first 06 Intrigues; during the pre-purchase inspection, I noticed the poor design of the slide transport mechanism. There was no possible way a competent engineer would sign off on the original design. I am an engineer and I sent a letter to CC in October, 2005 with ideas on how to upgrade the mechanism. CC issued a service bulletin on this problem and retrofitted my Intrigue with a bearing on the slide and a block with with steel insert on the contact side of the block. The hydraulic line pressure was also increased a modest amount. Between the short time of the purchase and the retrofit, the nylon blocks began to fail.
It would not be very difficult to purchase parts that could be used to retrofit the coaches that did not receive the upgrade.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 110358
Jim. We had major work done on our coach at country coach in Junction City. It included the removal and reinstall of the slide room. I would suggest you contact Doug Beaudry and discuss the matter with him. He has the experience and knowledge your looking for to do the job right 541 234-2167

Vince spera

02 Intrigue # 11332

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 110360
Thanks Lee. I already have an email into Eric about this. He did a bunch of work on our coach in February, but we are back in Iowa now. He may have some suggestions. I have been spraying with silicone and that really helps but it won't fix the loose bolt. CC in Oregon recommended that I contact the Winnebago factory in Forest City, but I'm suspect because I'm not sure that they have the technical expertise there.

Jim and Jona Seifert

525 Cat C13 Allison 6spd

Airforce 1 Brake system
Blue Ox Aventa II Towbar
Jim and Jona Seifert
2007 Intrigue 530

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 110365
Jim we are sorta neighbors, live near St. Louis, go up Avenue of the Saints  (Hwy 61, I 35 to the cities, going that way next month.

Lee

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 110366
I will call Gary and see what he says. Thanks for the tip!!

Jim and Jona Seifert

525 Cat C13 Allison 6spd

Airforce 1 Brake system
Blue Ox Aventa II Towbar
Jim and Jona Seifert
2007 Intrigue 530

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 110417
Gentlemen, I have an 06 Intrigue 12047. Factory delivery on Nov 14 2005. Both Front scissor slides moved slowly upon initial retract. My dealer Buddy Gregg in Knoxville installed a recall kit. The kit consisted of three roller blocks for each slide. The blocks were placed under the slide at specific dimensions to line up With the support structure of the slide. The slides retract very smoothly at a Steady speed. No issues since the addition of the rollers. Bob Bozich

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 110418
I wouldn't mess around, Call Butch at fountain RV Lakeland fl. (863) 984-9764 He does great work, he has squeezed me in to do major stuff and knows CC inside and out. He used to build the coaches in the factory.

Bob Ross

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 110431
Thanks everyone for the great advice. I talked to Mike Buedry at CC and he says that the slide doesn't need to be removed, just jacked up and the teflon slides can easily be replaced. He recommended the Winnebago Factory in Iowa (since we are close). I'm going to call and talk to them and feel them out as to whether they feel that they have the expertise to do it. I'm going to make sure that I get a good feel for them and that I'm not going to pay for their learning curve. Failing that, I'll probably look at Premier in Tucson. We've worked with Eric and have had great results, or look to Butch in Lakeland. The Tucson or Lakeland route will need to wait until next winter when we are down there, so we have to get a feel for how imminent this repair is needed.

Jim and Jona Seifert

525 Cat C13 Allison 6spd

Airforce 1 Brake system
Blue Ox Aventa II Towbar
Jim and Jona Seifert
2007 Intrigue 530

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 110440
Carrier in Eugene, OR fixed our broken teflon piece in less than an hour and that included fabricating the piece. It's not rocket science.

Bob

'05 Intrigue 11872