Skip to main content
Topic: Hydro hot low tank (Read 1372 times) previous topic - next topic

Hydro hot low tank

Yahoo Message Number: 110386
We fired up the hydro hot yesterday. It ran for awhile then quit. Checked the overflow tank and it was empty. Not sure why. Filled up the overflow tank but the low coolant level light is still on. Our coach has been sitting all winter and we're getting ready to start using it again. Did open the radiator looking cap and closed it. Any suggestions on what to try? We have a 2004 Allure.

Re: Hydro hot low tank

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110387
Fill the "radiator cap" and surge tank to capacity, close cap tightly, start the system, and expect to have to continue to add 50/50 antifreeze mix to the "overflow" surge tank until the system stabilizes. Likely culprit is leaking hose(s) somewhere throughout the system, and it may be a very slow leak. Keep checking the surge tank until you locate and correct all leaks. Good luck and safe travels.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110390
The type of hoses CC used allows the water to evaporate but not the coolant. According to my service tech it's the only coach that used these type of hoses. You also need to check the remaining collant to make sure it's still the correct ratio. He had a special device to check it. You don't want to keep dumping in 50/50. The solution will get to thick.

2005 Intrigue Suite Sensation #11890 Cummins 400 ISL

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110395
I hope you find the source of your problem, this gets real ugly real quick. On my way to JC for the remedy, it was a leak inside of the boiler.

Wally & Elta Mae

2007Allure 470 #31535

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 110397
On our 2005 Intrigue the expansion hose had deteriorated at the pressure cap end. The coolant was dripping into the unit and evaporating on the boiler. No evidence of a leak. 
Bob

2005 Intrigue 11872

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 110410
We are idiots. Filled up overflow but didn't fill main tank! We have now filled the main tank. Everything is running great. We hadn't used the coach since November. I think sometimes we just forget some of the details on this complicated rig. I am so grateful for all of the advice provided by this group. Happy Sunday, everyone!