Skip to main content
Topic: Dometic Refrig (Read 2065 times) previous topic - next topic

Dometic Refrig

Yahoo Message Number: 110401
I have a 2000 Intrigue I just replaced all working parts even the ice maker. The ice maker was replace a second time because it did the same and I thought I received a defective ice maker but it is doing the same I can not get the ice maker to dispense the ice cubes. The freezer is 27 degrees and has no water in the cups to dispense.

Thanks any help will be greatly appreciated

Re: Dometic Refrig

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110403
You may have already done this, but let me offer some suggestions. Verify that the blue solenoid valve on the back side is functioning and not cracked from a past freeze. I've replaced 3 in the last 13yrs, thinking they were drained. Check that water is flowing into the blue valve. Cycle the wire bale on the icemaker (may have to induce a cycle manually by pulling off the white square cover on the icemaker and carefully moving the small gear with a straight slot screwdriver in the slot in the gear's end) and see if the system does a full cycle, including the sound of the blue solenoid cycling to fill the trays. I do this cycling twice when winterizing so that solenoid is purged.

Good luck and safe travels.

Jeff Thurston 11630

04 Intrigue 42ft Ovation

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110404
You could have a defective water valve. It is the blue thing that you can see from the outside. You could also have a leak in the line that runs from the valve to the ice maker.

Don

'02 Intrigue 11427
'02 Intrigue #11427

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110405
We had the same problem with our ice maker. I had put in three different ice makers, changed the water valve and it would still not work. Save yourself a lot of work and headache and put in a Samsung residential fridge. We did this and get all the ice we can use and no more issues.

Ken Mikkelson
05 Inspire 51494

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 110406
Mighty expensive way to get ice Ken, but each to their own. I'd like to hear more about the valve issue they're seeming to have if the Dometic is functioning fine other than that. Safe travels.

Jeff Thurston 11630

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 110408
Hi Jeff on our 2k magna the freezer has to be at less below 10 degree to make ice. Charles 5886magna

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 110411
My ice maker literature says the ice make sensor must be below 14F to cycle. Your freezer is not cold enough to effectively freeze food, much less cold enough to cycle the ice maker.

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 110413
Jeff,

After not being able to fix our ice maker and before we installed the Samsung refrigerator we bought a small portable ice maker. Used this until the refrigerator died all together. That is when we installed the Samsung.
Know this route is not for everybody but believe me I tried everything to try and get the ice maker to work, nothing helped. Then of course the refrigerator decided to quit on a trip that was supposed to last a week. Without a frig it makes life pretty darn miserable. So, after talking with several people here on the forum decided before we spend any more money it would be just as cost effective to buy the Samsung. In looking back wished we would have just bought the new Samsung to start with. Would have saved a lot of grief not to mention throwing dollars at a dead horse.
Sorry about the rambling the Samsung is great.

Ken Mikkelson
05 Inspire 51494

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 110414
The only exception to that is the darn ice cream takes so long too eat.

Wally & Elta Mae

2007Allure 470 #31535

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 110415
Totally understand Ken. My 13yr old frig is still chugging along, albeit with a new set of coils, but the next one will be residential when/if the time ever comes. Safe travels.