Skip to main content
Topic: 2001 Intrigue Remodel (Read 1607 times) previous topic - next topic

2001 Intrigue Remodel

Yahoo Message Number: 110448
We decided to have the coach remodeled and thus far the fabrics and tiles have been changed. BTW, had them install Gold Heat mat for the tile floors.

They are now ready for the carpet replacement and have a question.

The driver and passenger seats need to be removed to make the carpet installation easier.
If anyone has removed the seats: Do you just undo the four bolts holding the seat to the pedestals or do you remove the four bolts that are under the wheel well and remove seats and pedestals as one unit? The bolts in the wheel wells are very accessible but not sure how hard they would be to remove since they look to have been sprayed with some type of undercoating along with the rest of the wheel well.

Thanks

Richard Aquino
2001 Intrigue

Re: 2001 Intrigue Remodel

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110449
When I removed my seats for a hardwood install, there were four bolts that held the seats and pedestal to the floor. No bolts from below.

Bill

2003 Intrigue

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110454
Thanks Bill,

I did not ask my question correctly. Does your seat bolts go thru the floor with nuts in the wheel wells? Is that the way you removed the seats and pedestals?

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110455
I've had both driver and passenger seats out a few times, once to have new floors installed. The pedestal affixed to the floor doesn't get removed. My seats are on rails that are bolted to the pedestal... take bolts out, remove seats and the flooring is installed up to the metal flange of the pedestal. Having two people helps.

John

'01 Intrigue 11467

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 110456
That's like my seats and I saw the four bolts. I did not want to remove the pedestles if not required. Thanks

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 110457
Just removed and replaced seats in our 05 Inspire. The bolts come out from above. I think the nuts are welded in place underneath. Had to use a ratchet with a piece of pipe on the handle to get more leverage. My bolts were really in tight and probably a little rusted as well. There are also a couple wires to disconnect.

Tom

2005 Inspire

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 110583
John, I am trying to send this to you and not the group.

If you removed the wheel well cover when you installed a new floor how did you do it.

Thanks

Richard