Skip to main content
Topic: Power Gear Leveling Problem (Read 1866 times) previous topic - next topic

Power Gear Leveling Problem

Yahoo Message Number: 110494
After a recent short trip I tried to level my coach in the same place I always do at my house. When I pressed the On/Off button the panel said my jacks were not retracted (Left arrow solid on , front arrow blinking) although I could see this was not the case when I looked under the coach.
When I pushed Auto all 4 jacks came down then paused as it normally does before making minor adjustments to level the coach. At this point it started to raise the left side excessively to the point that it felt like the coach was going tip over, although I know that wouldn't happen I'm just trying to explain the severity of the unevenness.
Has anyone had this experience and if so what was the fix? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

George Magee

06 Inspire 360 #51639

Re: Power Gear Leveling Problem

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110498
I have a reset procedure somewhere in my coach.I will be going out there tomorrow .I will see if I can find it .

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 110526
I had the same thing happen and realized when engine was running and that seemed to mess up the leveling sensor or something. After that I started leveling the coach manually and now I never use the automatic function. If you read the manual it is easy I even use the lights on the leveling panel to level it. That way I get all four levels on the ground then make the leveling adjustment. Hope this makes sense.

Brian O’Day
Portland Oregon
2006 Inspire # 51565
2015 Grand Cheerokee Toad

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 110529
Tried to scan the whole sheet but for some reason I can't get it to work so here goes Start engine, engage parking brake and turn touch pad on. Push the "front"button five times and with in 10 seconds push the "rear " button five times. All the led's will begin blinking. This indicates that you have returned the control box to the zero point calibration mode, Next set the zero point by placing a carpenters level on the floor in the center of the coach parallel with the chassis. Push the "front"button until the jacks touch the ground then continue to hold the "front"button until coach is two to thee inches off the ground. Push the "rear"button until the jacks are on the ground then level coach front to rear. Turn the level cross way's and level the coach using the "left"and "right" button's Recheck front to rear. To store the "zero"point, push the "all jacks" button three times to store the zero point. After the "all jacks"button has been pressed three times .all of the LED's on the touch pad will stop blinking except for the "on/off "LED.The"on/off"and "wait" LEDs will blink for aprox.10 seconds. During this time, the control will be looking for one of two instructions:: a-if there is no air dunp or fill feed back to the con trol .the "on'off"LED will stop blinking and the "air dump/fill"feature will be disabled.----B----if there are air dump and fill feedback to the control, the "on/off LED will stop blinking indicating the "air dump/fill"feature is enabled and an audible buzzer will sound for three seconds . Hope this will solve your problem!