Skip to main content
Topic: Lights mysteriously come on by themselves (Read 1379 times) previous topic - next topic

Lights mysteriously come on by themselves

Yahoo Message Number: 110515
We have a 2008 Intrigue #12234, the OH LR lights come on by themselves sometime. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? It has happened three time in the last two weeks. My concern is if it is a short could it start a fire. And of course it is annoying.
Linda and Larry
2008 Intrigue

Re: Lights mysteriously come on by themselves

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110517
If a dimmable switch, try replacing that first. If problem continues, or other "odd" 12 volt power issues, look at the Bussman house fuse boxes, they are notorious for connections coming loose in the back. Wiggle that wire, you may get power back on that circuit. If so, replace the fuse boxes (not that expensive). Also when those connections are bad, the wires get very hot, and could be a fire hazard. Best to have a look, feel the wires for temperature.

Greg

06 Magna 6642
2006 Magna Rembrandt C13
2016 Jeep GC toad

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110520
I had the same thing happen to me with the Bussman house fuse boxes. With all the cycling lights being Halogen witch draw a lot of power along plus the fan in the bath room on that line with that section on I could walk down the hall and the lights would go out so I changed everything over to LEDs no help. That line was on a 30A metal reset fuse plus I could just tap the wall and the lights would come back on.
So I removed a panel to look at the back of the Bussman and I could see that line burned real bad, had to trim about 1" and got a 30A fuse holder and spliced into that line and went right to the main 12V coming in.
Your problem may be something different but I hope you find it.
Floyd 2006 Inspire 51744

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110524
Was a fluorescent light on in the coach when it happened? They are famous for making RF noise and causing this type of issue

Mikee