Skip to main content
Topic: Air break assist for toad (Read 1874 times) previous topic - next topic

Air break assist for toad

Yahoo Message Number: 110569
Hey

What is the name of the company in Texas that makes a air break assist for a toad from the coach

Walt

Re: Air break assist for toad

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 110574
If you are thinking about M&G. I had M&G on my jeep for at least 10 years and was happy with it until I started having braking issues. Two brake shops thought it was the M&G but didn't understand how it worked and wanted to remove it before they would try to problem solve the issue. I was unable to find a shop who was familiar with the unit and would work with me. I ultimately sold the jeep without resolving the issue. M&G while always cooperative was unable to refer me to a shop that could help.

I went back to the shop that had installed the unit and they told that the individual that used to install the units had retired and they did not anyone capable of problem solving my issue.

I have since gone with Air Force 1 which has worked very well.

Dan 2006 Allure 31348       
Dan

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 110575
Hi All,

I have self installed/used several M&G units with no issues. It is a very simple system. The first thing I would think of, if the unit is truly the fault, would be that the internal adjustment screw was not "LocTited" properly.
About the only other item could be the internal piston seizing on he cylinder wall if the unit were contaminated with water or dirt, etc. through the airline while it were not attached to the MH. There is not much to go wrong.

I realize these comments won't help your problem as you sold your vehicle, but they might answer some questions for others of the group.

Don Krahling

'01 36' Intrigue #11238
'05 Silverado with M&G
'11 Wrangler with M&G

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 110579
M&G Engineering located in Athens TX 903-675-2812. They installed their system on our 2016 Kia Soul in March. Took about 3 to modify Kia [non standard install] and add air line to Coach. We are very happy with the system and its operation. Only an additional quick disconnect air hose to toad for travel . Very simple and no hassle.

Rich & Jan

2005 Inspire 51265

2016 Kia Soul w/Blue Ox

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 110596
I have had the M & G on my 2000 Ford explorer for several years, work great. Now I am upgrading to a 2016 Ford F150 I will put the M & G on the F150.
Walt
2004 Inspire

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 110597
I had the M & G on my Ford Explorer and then Escape and it was great but when I moved to a Ford Edge it wouldn't fit so I went with Air Force One and it is working just fine so far.