Skip to main content
Topic: silverleaf autogenstart (Read 1644 times) previous topic - next topic

silverleaf autogenstart

Yahoo Message Number: 110601
I have a VMS240 in a 2006 Intrigue. I have autogen to start when voltage drops to 12.2 volts. It does that ok but runs for about 10 minutes and then shuts off and the monitor saying 13.4 volts bulk charging. Then the generator start button blinks and the generator doesn't start again when the voltage gets back down to 12.2 volts. I thought that the generator would run while the charging went through bulk and absorption charging and then shut off when it reached float charging and then start again when voltage dropped to 12.2 volts. I sent the module to silverleaf and they checked it out and said it was working ok. They also updated the software.

Anyone else have any problems with their generator auto start?

-Dennis Holmes
2006 Intrigue 530

Re: silverleaf autogenstart

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110602
I have the same system on my '04 Intrigue, and it requires that I set the charge rate below 100% (70% or less), and the stop point at "Absorption" to avoid it stopping at an incomplete charge. I have even set "Float" as the stop point with good results. Either way, the goal is to do a conditioned charge rather than a surface charge of the House batteries. You may need to manually stop the generator if using "Float" with any load or it never finishes. Good luck and safe travels.

42ft Intrigue Ovation 11630

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110603
If the gen button is blinking that is most likely an error code, like low oil. Check the owners manual for the genset as to how to decode.

Ray

They say wine improves with age! As I enter my golden years, I say age improves with wine! The Born Loser

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110604
I don't have that option to change the charge rate or the stop point at Absorption or Float. Do you set that on your inverter? I don't think my silverleaf is tied in to the inverter??

-Dennis

2006 Intrigue

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 110605
I have a caterpillar generator but no manual. I don't know the blink codes. Does anyone have a manual?

Dennis Holmes
2006 Intrigue 530
C13 Caterpillar

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 110606
It's very inefficient to have the generator bring the batteries all the way up to float. The last 10% takes almost as long initial 90%. I just set the run time for 120 minutes or whatever it takes to bring them up to around 90% given your patterns and then it automatically shuts off after that time is up. I set the start voltage around 12.1 volts.

Rich 2002 Magna

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 110619
You can find one online I think. I have a PowerTech 12000, and have found it before, albeit it is not that great... I have discarded it now, but just do a search online for your model, it is there.

Greg

06 Magna 6642
2006 Magna Rembrandt C13
2016 Jeep GC toad