Skip to main content
Topic: Slide Out awning replacement (Read 1781 times) previous topic - next topic

Slide Out awning replacement

Yahoo Message Number: 110612
The Zip Dee awning fabric is completely shot on our slide out awning. I called Zip Dee and they said they can make a new one for $750.00. I'd prefer to replace it with the same thing so it matches all the other awnings on the coach. Does anybody have experience replacing the slide out awning with something other than the OEM Zip Dee ? Fred

Re: Slide Out awning replacement

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110614
Where are you?  I just had a slide awning replaced by an outfit near San Diego.  If you are in that area, I'll go find the business card.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110616
We just had three of ours replaced by Shade Pro in Lake Havasu AZ. They did a great job right here in our RV park. 800-328-5100

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110621
These people [url=http://stonevoss.com/]RV Awnings & Slide Toppers From Stone Vos[/url] do Zip Dee replacement awnings. They use Sattler fabric from Austria. Superior to Sunbrella. They do excellent work. Personally, I would pay someone to do the install. I did last year and I found it to be very tricky as a first timer.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 110625
That's the place. Steve Lindquist (sp?) was the guy who worked on ours, and I am completely satisified.

Ken, 2004 Allure Seaside #31035

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 110660
Ok I'll check with them. It doesn't sound like they would be any less expensive. I've checked with the usual RV awning companies and haven't found anything yet that is the right size.