Skip to main content
Topic: Slide out roof - sealant strip - eternabond ?? (Read 1235 times) previous topic - next topic

Slide out roof - sealant strip - eternabond ??

Yahoo Message Number: 110627
All,

Any update in forum thinking please

Had the awning spring break on the driver's side large lounge slide Whilst awaiting a new spring I removed the topper, 'lubricated' the slide out seals and inspected the roof of the slide The black (rubber??) mastic / sealant has let go along the stainless steel strip that joins the slide roof to the slide wall (I have a 10' strip just lying there - that is neither use nor ornament!!)

Whilst I can run a line of polyurethane in the crack between the stainless and the sealant - a more waterproof, substantial / long term solution is sought

Advice to date on the forums appears to be a 4" strip of 'eternabond' all along the roof of the slide where it joins the slide wall - to complete cover the stainless and sealant joint

Thoughts please from those "that have done it" / alternative solutions - unfortunately "popping it into an RV 'shop" isn't an option "this side of the pond"

Thanks in anticipation

Ian S.
Exeter UK

2005 Allure 430 #31321

Re: Slide out roof - sealant strip - eternabond ??

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110628
I was leaking in this joint and repaired it with a 4 inch strip off eternabond. I pulled the slide in a couple of feet and the wife and I ran the strip and got a continuous strip the length of the slide. The trick was to get an even amount on the wall and roof section without air bubbles. It was a difficult job and we were successful in eliminating the leak, it doesn't look pretty but then it is impossible to see.

Do it your self.

Mark and Denise
07 Inspire 51985