Skip to main content
Topic: Drive Axil Ride Rite Failure (Read 1285 times) previous topic - next topic

Drive Axil Ride Rite Failure

Yahoo Message Number: 110646
Rattling noise in bath area, over the drive axil got very load. Had it looked at and was told the Ride Rite bushings had failed and have wallowed out to the point of metal on metal. The only we to fix is to replace the whole Ride Rite system. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

George, WB5LDN
2008 Affinity 6877

Re: Drive Axil Ride Rite Failure

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110647
We have not had that particular problem, but did recently replace all of the bushings on our 2006 Inspire 360. We had about 50,000 miles on it. East Bay Frame and Axlein San Leandro CA has done excellent work on all our coaches for years. Our RV tech spotted a bad bushing, and when East Bay looked at it they found all of the bushing deteriorated and took me underneath to show me.

Kevin Waite was very helpful in figuring out who build what and where to find the bushings. CC was unresponsive to emails.

We've owned this CC for two years, but it came out of Arizona where is was stored indoors. East Bay told me the condition of the bushings at this point was not common, and thought prolonged heat exposure could have contributed to the situation.

Michael