Skip to main content
Topic: dvd player (Read 1660 times) previous topic - next topic

dvd player

Yahoo Message Number: 110680
Hello Folks;

Recently I purchased a new to me 2004 Intrigue 42'. I am currently learning about all the systems and electronics etc. I need to replace the Bose DVD Player, and my question is, will an updated player be able to utilize the wires from the old unit? I am thinking to plug and play is easier than fishing out all the old wiring, if it's still workable. Is there a better option than putting a Bose unit back in? Perhaps I am missing something.

Dave

Re: dvd player

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110681
If you like the Bose, there are still companies our there that rebuild them.

Alex Ritchey CC Affinity B&B 2000

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110682
We have the same coach and 3 years ago decided to remove the Bose player and VCR in favor of a "smart" DVD player. I did have an audio/video tech setup the wiring, but the net results are awesome through the Bose speakers. The tech also tied our LED TV upgrade to the speakers with a selector switch, along with the Panasonic overhead speakers, if needed. Safe travels.

Jeff Thurston 11630
Intrigue Ovation 42ft

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110683
I didn't replace the DVD unit but put in a new dash multifunctional AV unit, including the rear camera. Music sources like Pandora will get you all the tunes, etc for free. I'm an android user so also got android auto for GPS,  talk radio, etc . . . all free sources.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 110684
Jeff, thanks for that advice. I'm thinking I will persue that option. I'm guessing this won't have to be done at an RV Facility?

Perhaps a stereo guy can do a mobile call to the house where I keep the coach.

Thanks again 
Dave

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 110692
Dave a local stereo service tech came to the coach in my driveway and, after several visits, finished the installation. I think his coming to the coach was because of inadequate parking for that size vehicle at his shop. Good luck and safe travels.

Jeff

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 110699
I don't know if this helps, but if you send base, and head set back to Bose, the refurbished the old one, 1 year warranty for $200. It worked out well for us.

Bob

03 allure 3 slide tag #30814