Skip to main content
Topic: Does your 2000 Magna slide creep out? (Read 1983 times) previous topic - next topic

Does your 2000 Magna slide creep out?

Yahoo Message Number: 110704
I"m really not interested in how to fix my slide creep as I've been to HWH four times and had repairs made including replacing solenoids and cylinders. I'm planning on returning to HWH this summer and give them another chance at fixing this problem.

After closing the slide, the front of the slide will creep out a couple of inches. It does this whether parked or going down the road but it does happen quicker when traveling.

I want to know is this something that I should live with and do other owners live with the same performance?

pete

2000 40' Magna CAT C-10, #5892
Pete
 2000 40'  Magna #5892  CAT C-10

Re: Does your 2000 Magna slide creep out?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110706
Mine only creeps out on the bottom when I'm parked and level only occasionally.

Jerry & Brenda Azzara
'99 Intrigue Chefs Delite

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110708
Hi Pete,

I have a 2000 Magna 36 with a slide that creeps and I just live with it, but I think mines not as bad as yours. It creeps out at the rear, only when parked, knock on wood. It started 2 years ago but I thought I could see the problem, a leaking hose. Replaced the hose, fixed the leak, but the slide still was creeping. A couple months later it healed on its own and was good for half a year. It comes and goes, I just walked out to the garage and it has slid out about a half inch in a week. I figure it must be dirt in the check valve but I've been wrong before.
Ed

Port Orchard, WA

2000 Magna 36, C10 CAT, 5738
Ed Recknagle
2000 Magna 36  #5738

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110709
Air in the line would be my guess since it started after a leak.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 110711
In addition to solenoids, valves or cylinder internal leaking it may just be air in the system. Air compresses, fluid does not.

Mikee

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 110713
How do you purge the air from the system?

Jerry & Brenda Azzara
'99 Intrigue Chefs Delite

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 110714
My rear driver's slide creeped and I had solenoids replaced. It still did it and tech said that their may still be air in line and to run all the slides in and out numerous times. I think I did this 4 times and so far no creep. It's been about a month.

Dennis Holmes
2006 Intrigue

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 110717
My 98 ALLURE did this and BuddyGregg fixed it with no repeat issues. The 2004 intrigue pulled the same stunt last year but after being cycled all the way in and all the way out 10 times or so as we traveled it returned to normal operation. In both cases control solenoids were replaced and the problem never reappeared. Un less you want to get out your winch and strap the room in place, I wouldn't travel with the coach, it might decide to run all the way out and then you would be in big trouble. You have a choice of strapping it with the room barely extended or you can release the pressure on the control module solenoid and winch the room all the way in. TWI 2004 INTRIGUE 11731

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 110718
Air in the lines, I think that would be cool, It should work its way out eventually. I followed the HWH direction when I installed the new line. As I recall, bleeding the fluid back into the top of the tank before final connection. And I usually hold the close switch a couple of seconds after the slide hits the stops.

Ed Recknagle
2000 Magna 5738
Ed Recknagle
2000 Magna 36  #5738

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 110720

Pete

I had this same problem on my 1999 Magna...It was leaky seals on the ram arms, when the slide was out you could see small drips of fluid on the large bolt at the end of the ram.

Premier RV in Junction City removed the rams and had the seals rebuilt locally and this solved the problem.

Terry Brewer

1999 CC Magna 5703

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 110721
OK. I quit on my question. I wanted to know if this was a recurring problem with my year of coach and it seems I'm not alone even with the other years and models of CC's but others have better luck on the repair..

I full time so my slide has been in and out a bunch since I was last at HWH in July of last year so I'm not sure it could be air in the line..

I'll go by HWH again this summer and see what happens next. If they do get it fixed this time I'll post back to this thread. As I've told Paul Harsh at HWH, they are my favorite campground.

Thanks for the responses. 
pete

2000 40' Magna CAT C-10, #5892
Pete
 2000 40'  Magna #5892  CAT C-10