Skip to main content
Topic: RV Glass Solutions Laminated Side Windows (Read 2053 times) previous topic - next topic

RV Glass Solutions Laminated Side Windows

Yahoo Message Number: 110719
We had our toll, entry door, and passenger windows replaced with laminated glass and really like them. We now have some other side windows fogging and seal creeping and we want to replace them with laminated glass. Has anyone had this done by RV Glass Solutions and did the new glass match the color of the old glass? We don't want to fix the windows that are still good but we don't want the windows to have different color glass.

Bob & Gloria

'05 Intrigue 11872

Re: RV Glass Solutions Laminated Side Windows

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110723
As of last year they could not get the mirror finish that came with our coach so the exterior would be totally different. I would also be concern with the insulation factor.

Dan 2006 Allure 31348       
Dan

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110741
Contact Peninsula glass in Vancouver Washington. They can make you mirrored glass windows much better than the ones that came with your coach.

Rich 2002 Magns

RV Glass Solutions Laminated Side Windows

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 118351
I have an appointment with RV glass solutions in a couple weeks to replace all the windows in my coach to laminated glass. I was told the cost is the same to repair the creeping seals or replace the windows with laminated glass. The warranty for the seal repair is 2 years whereas the warranty for the laminated glass is lifetime. The questions I have are has anyone had this done and been happy with or disappointed with the results? The main concerns are is there a insulation value loss or gain or any extra interior condensation by making this change? I like the idea of one and done but, don't want to make a mistake. I still have time to just have the seals replaced. I would appreciate any input or advice from anyone who has knowledge or has experience with this topic or situation.

Thanks!

Chip,
2000 CC Magna #5758

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 118352
I'm in this group because I'm still interested in a CC. Our current coach is a 2011 43' HR Endeavor. It never was equipped with insulated glass. The single laminated glass works just fine in my opinion. As I have 22 years as a home contractor I have some opinions on insulated glass. I have replaced windows in homes because of slipping seals and "fogged" glass between the two panels. A house sits on a level and firm foundation and has very minimal movement. A coach travels down the road twisting, flexing and hitting pot holes and other road hazards. No insulated glass will hold up over the years to that environment. I don't have any figures on energy savings on a coach but I doubt it would be all that helpful. Your largest window in a coach is the windshield and it is a single glass. In a coach there are shades to lower which will help with heat buildup or heat loss. I think the insulated glass on a coach is unnecessary and a big expense for very little actual savings. I'm glad our Endeavor has single glass.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 118354
I've used RV Glass in Oregon to replace and repair my windows, and am more than happy with the results. The front driver's side and front door windows I had replaced with laminated. As I remember they told me there is a 10% insulation loss between the two types. All of the other windows I had repaired, simply because I didn't want to lose the mirrored glass that was original on the Magna's.
The nice thing with RV Glass is that you can dry camp on site while your windows are being redone (during working hours you'll have to wait in their lounge or find another activity for the day). We chose to just leave our coach with them and get a hotel for a few days. That way it stays inside and the job is completed sooner.
Don Van Andel
2006 Magna #6523

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 118355
I have talked to Glass Solutions about the laminate replacement. Insulation is claimed to be the same so no big deal there. My concern was that if I just did windows that were snaking, the replacements would not match the reflective windows that would be left. At the time they could not match the other windows.

Since you are replacing all of them, no problem

Don
'02 Intrigue 11427
'02 Intrigue #11427

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 118356
Our 2016 Dolphin still original glass all dual pain and I finally have small window on drivers side has the beginnings of an issue. Btw it has 55k on it so it doesn't sit. We have had it since new so nothing done we don't know about.

You have great point about the windshield we cover that with external screen, which you can feel the temp drop as they go up.

The glass is cooler than single pane we had in last coach. By the same token if the blazing straight on it still hot.

Our last house had dual pane with no issues after 16 years. They really quieted the house too when we did them.

The best is our new house with argon filled, think refrigerator doors in market. No heat transfer even when 124 outside. You feel heat if you put your hand in the light beam. BTW we live near Palm Springs so we know heat and avoiding it.

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 118359
Sorry, too butt in however looking for a material that can be used between the windows and the screens in Arizona.

Wally & Elta Mae
2007Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 118361
Had ours done there last year, replaced all windows, very happy with results. They let you stay in your rig at night with 50 amp power, no water or sewer, but it only took three nights. No apparent loss in insulation and it looks fine without the mirrored finish, we went with the medium tint so it is still hard for anyone to see in.

Frank
2007 Allure #31451

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 118362
We have had all of our windows taken out, cleaned and put back in by the Fog Doctor, an excellent business in Searcy, Arkansas. We were amazed at their efficiency and kind and pleasant treatment and superb results. It was a shorter drive for us from MN rather than down to FL. We'll be going back there again as the service and workmanship was excellent.

Mary and Mike Frederick
06 Inpire 51784

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 118369
Has anyone tried Peninsula Glass in Vancouver Washington? They make their own Windows properly engineered and guaranteed and I think they still have the mirrored finish but that could have changed.

Rich