Skip to main content
Topic: TVs and housing from 1998 Intrigue available (Read 2128 times) previous topic - next topic

TVs and housing from 1998 Intrigue available

Yahoo Message Number: 110724
Well I have made it past the point of no return in my remodel of the TVs in my 1998 Intrigue. New cabinet pieces have replaced the head-bumper housing in front, and a new hidden storage compartment is behind the new bedroom TV. I'll post some pictures of the final state once I get everything put together.

The old CRT original TVs are in perfect working condition. The housing for the front TV and the oak trim for the bedroom TV are also still intact (but the trim for the front TV was sacrificed for the new cabinets). The TVs are I believe a 19" and a 13" Panasonic models, with 2 working remotes. I think these same components were used in several model years of Intrigues and likely other models as well.
Any or all of the above is available for free to whoever may want them. (you arrange pickup or shipping, etc. as needed). Otherwise they're going on the Craigslist free site, and if all else fails they'll go to recycling.

Mark M

1998 Intrigue #10661

Re: TVs and housing from 1998 Intrigue available

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110900
Hi Mark,

I have a 1999 Intrigue with the original Panasonic TV's. We are looking to replace both with flat panels. Care to share your experience?

Thanks

Kevin

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110903
Hi Kevin.

Most certainly, I'm just finishing my conversion this week or next. I'll post some pictures and details of what I did.

There's another group member named Jim Green who also has done this same conversion and he sent me some pictures and advice from his experience. He installed a larger TV, and I made both of mine (living room and bedroom) on lift-open doors so I could access the wiring and compartments behind them, but otherwise I mostly followed his lead.

Stand by, pictures and story coming in the next week or two.

Mark M

1998 Intrigue #10661

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110904
As a second owner I inherited these neat conversions (pics attached). Don't know who did them and I'm sure it was professionally done. I am well pleased.

Jerry & Brenda Azzara
'99 Intrigue Chefs Delite

image1.JPGimage2.JPGimage3.JPGimage4.JPGimage5.JPGimage6.JPG

Re: TVs and housing from 1998 Intrigue available [6 Attachments]

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 110908

I disassembled the box the original tv was in and trimmed it Down re wrapping it with the original vinyl then mounted the new tv on a telescopic Tv mount that locks in place with the knob on the Underside of the cabinet , it's not the biggest Tv but I don't hit my head on it anymore.
Alan Williamson
99 Intrigue 10906

Re: TVs and housing from 1998 Intrigue available [6 Attachments]

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 110910
Thanks Mark,

Looks very nice.... I purchased a 32" 12v LED TV to go in. I have taken (work in progress now) the old housing out and with the help of a friend, closing the hole up with hardwood stained to match but at the same level as the rest of the right hand cabinets, piano hinge on the top to get at the wiring....

I will send pictures when I finish, hopefully within the next week....

Kevin

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 110915
Well I tried this morning to post pictures and the complete story of my TV conversion experience (I started a new topic), but for some reason it is not appearing on the message list. My replies to existing threads are appearing instantly. Is there maybe some other process or wait for new topics to show up? Does it take hours to upload the pictures or something? It has been several hours since I posted, and I saw a message that said it was successfully sent. :-(

Mark M

1998 Intrigue #10661

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 110962
I would really like to be able to post my pictures and story of the TV remodel. I sent a message to the group administrator last week as well, but have no replies and my post with the pictures is still not appearing in the group. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark M

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 110973
Wouldn't a Country Coach Owners Facebook page be easier?

Mark

07 Inspire 51985

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 110975
There is a CC International Facebook page. You can join and post your pages there (I think).
Guess we should ask before you do.
your pictures might be too large, (too many Pixels) for yahoo.
What happens when you try and add them to your post? Maybe we can figure out what to do to help U post them.

Dave & Jodi

2007 Allure 40' w/tag
Coach #

Henderson, NV & Mtns of So. Calif

Dave & Jodi
2007 CC Allure 40’ Tag #31495
2012 Jeep GC
Big Bear Lake, Ca & Henderson, Nev